1-Do you use majors only ?
2-Do you use minors onlly ?
3-Or both ?

annika334

Hi eugim,

I always use both.

annika

DrTodd

Majors first and then supplement with minors for a short reading...for a full reading I use the full deck....

Kircher Tree

For many years, Minors only. Reasons:
1. Honor the prohibition against images.
2. Divination was first done with ordinary playing cards.
3. If you know how to use the minors properly, you can use any deck in the world. You can instantly read the cards being dealt at the poker table, for instance.

Later I started using the full deck with Majors, but to tell the truth, the Majors do not fit in so well with my methods. First I used them to extend the numerology and the elements of the minors. For example, Justice and the Wheel have Epees, the Hanged has Deniers (on some), the Chariot and Emperor hold a staff, the Star and Temperance, Coupes.

Some of the Majors are "spooks". The Pope is a very bad card to me. The Papess seems to demand silence, so that if the Papess comes up in a strong position, the reading will be wrong or ambiguous.

Bernice

I use both. And.... sometimes only minors. I also use playing cards.

Bee :)

stella01904

eugim said:
-Stricltly divination ...

1-Do you use majors only ?
Si!
2-Do you use minors onlly ?
Yes.
3-Or both ?
Usually. But sometimes just one or the other.

Some spreads call for just majors. Using just minors gives you a less philospohical reading, kind of like playing cards but not quite. So once in awhile I use one or another, but usually both together.

Sometimes I like to think of Majors as kind of like a map, and Minors as our equipment.

BTW, I tried to reply to your pm and I got an error message? :(

Major Tom

I play with a full deck. ;)

ihcoyc

Depends on what I'm doing. If I'm looking for insights into Important Public Topics like elections and so forth, I use majors only. For more private purposes, I use the full deck.