"Test" reading so I can prove myself

satine

Moonbow* said:
I think we sometimes have a view of what Tarot reading must be like in other parts of the world and of course it's never correct to pigeon hole people and places in that way. Where I live is very difficult for setting up Tarot readings and there is prejudice with anything considered occult. There is certainly an assumption that reading Tarot in Europe (do you realise how many countries in Europe?!) is more accepted than in other places. This is why we all need to research our own areas thoroughly and sometimes make allowances for how we start out.

I absolutely agree that each area is unique, no matter where in the world you live. I just wanted to describe where I live without feeding any stereotypes about southeast America or elsewhere. Of course it varies from place to place around one city, let alone across an entire country or region. During the four years in which I lived in Germany, of course I saw that it's no different over there in terms of some villages being more or less conservative than another, and so forth.

When I feel ready, I like the idea of a tip jar... That way, if the reading really resonates with the person, he or she may tip accordingly; if not, the person won't need to tip or pay at all. :) Thanks!

satine

Update

I did my test reading yesterday, and they seemed to be quite impressed. :) I still have so much to learn, but it will help me immensely to have more opportunities to practice, and it's so great to get feedback from the sitters. Yay! (By the way, I guess I am okay to be in this thread now--Professional Tarot-- because I let them convince me to accept payment for readings, as long as a truly unhappy customer can have a refund... hopefully that won't happen.) I may be a bit shaky at first, but I'm bound to find my feet the more I do this (read in-person for strangers). I'm happy!

starrystarrynight

Good job, satine! Congratulations!

Moonbow

Nice one satine,

Professional Tarot forum isn't 'just' for professionals. Its for anyone who wants to discuss professional topics related to Tarot, such as, issues with payment, marketing, handling customers, running classes, that sort of thing. So you are certainly fine here.

Moonbow*

brenmck

I have most of you at a disadvantage. :)
I have had several readings from this lady during this most momentus period of my life and I am here to tell you for the record that Satine is a talented and insightful reader of the Tarot. Her readings have provided affirmations and little warning signs, too, that I have found most valuable in this part of my journey.
Of course my experience is extremely limited compared to some of you, but I am of the opinion that online reading can be much more difficult that the in-person variety, and I am a very satisfied emailed querent.
Beware the magisterium!

brenmck

Baroli

Brent,

I don't think the debate here is whether online is better than face to face; both ways of reading have their challenges and their triumphs.

Personally, I am glad that the test reading worked out for satine and that she will now have a venue to practice her craft face to face. :D

Little Hare

Well done satine :) I hope all goes well for you

Grizabella

Chiming in to add that if it's too soon for satine to read professionally, then it will show itself over time and then she'll know to get in some more non-professional reading time before trying it again as a professional. For the time being, she's started and it's gone well so far, so congratulations are in order for her having had the courage to dive right in. :)