The Bohemian Gothic Tarot - It's Here!

6 Haunted Days

Nevermind about my question on the size of the messenger bags, I just read your very large LJ entry on them.

They are looking fantastic!! I fell in love right off with the Rackham and the Alice in Wonderland tea party. I simply can't wait for the other prints to be presented. How will I ever choose? I'll probably get 3 bags at least.

On the practical side they look great. Large enough, plenty of compartments (I gots to have those!) and solidly built. I like the ruckasck conversion idea. Sometimes my hands are full juggling other crap and that would be very convenient to just convert it to a backpack-like bag for a bit.

The picture of you listening to the gas lamp hiss is great, though I have no idea which one is you, I've never seen a photo of you! ;) Weird in a way,having no face to put to someone.

baba-prague

6 Haunted Days said:
Nevermind about my question on the size of the messenger bags, I just read your very large LJ entry on them.

They are looking fantastic!! I fell in love right off with the Rackham and the Alice in Wonderland tea party. I simply can't wait for the other prints to be presented. How will I ever choose? I'll probably get 3 bags at least.

On the practical side they look great. Large enough, plenty of compartments (I gots to have those!) and solidly built. I like the ruckasck conversion idea. Sometimes my hands are full juggling other crap and that would be very convenient to just convert it to a backpack-like bag for a bit.

The picture of you listening to the gas lamp hiss is great, though I have no idea which one is you, I've never seen a photo of you! ;) Weird in a way,having no face to put to someone.

Thanks - and I'm the one on the right!

With the messenger bags, we hope to launch with about eight prints but then rapidly expand that. The issue is that we do a lot of work on each one - as you can see, one approach we are very interested in is making a "triptych" which works particularly well for this format - so there is quite a lot of time in making each image.

I want initially to offer about three Gothic images, so if anyone has any ideas on which they would like, do let me know (no guarantees, but of course we will try to begin with images that people want). I imagine Strength will be one early one that we do, and also maybe a kind of "vampire theme" triptych. Perhaps a Bone Chapel image too.

These bags are really good - not the ready-made "print on" bags that you get in some photographic shops - they are our exclusive design and use really good quality materials (the readymade ones made me wince when we looked into them - all nylon and plastic). They will be very durable, so please choose images that you may want to use for some years to come!

Promise

Oh wow, messenger bags?

Any idea on pricing for those bad boys? It may be on the site somewhere and I've just overlooked it, but I'm really interested. Birthday money has to go somewhere, right? (Haha, I'm spending it already and it's not even in my hands!)

As for images, I'd love to see the HPS and the Queen of Pents, even though she looks like a terrible amount of work. The World would also make a very gorgeous print, I think. The wonderful thing about the Bohemian Gothic is that the images aren't strictly "Tarot", so they're very well suited to things like bags.

It's like....let's take the Universal Waite, for example. The card images are so blatantly "Tarot", meaning specific in their nature as Tarot cards, that they wouldn't be suited to much of anything other than being card images. But the BG has this wonderful, imaginative, emotive presentation, and it's so unique and artistic that I think it translates well into other things, such as the bags, and I personally would love to see journals with the imagery. Mmm how yummy, a BG journal to write my BG readings in.

Haha, wow, apparently my imagination works really well this earlier in the morning.

*skips away to play with BG Silver*

Skydancer

~ ~ ~ ~ Re: Karen and Baba Studio and .... ~ ~ ~ ~

I am so happy, with my Silver deck(s) and bags. You just cannot begin to imagine. Thank you, most sincerely. You, my dear (and Mr. Alex) are one (or two) of the good ones. :heart:

You have truly made my day. {{{{H}}}}

Annie
*S*

Aerin

baba-prague said:
I want initially to offer about three Gothic images, so if anyone has any ideas on which they would like, do let me know (no guarantees, but of course we will try to begin with images that people want). I imagine Strength will be one early one that we do, and also maybe a kind of "vampire theme" triptych. Perhaps a Bone Chapel image too.

I absolutely love the World - it looks great on my eco-bag and I would like it on a messenger bag too. It is running very closely with Strength and The Moon as my favourite cards. All three ladies seem to be powerful women in very different ways. (My brain is now making gothic Spice Girl comments, I am ignoring it.)

Are there any plans to do some large storage bags with gothic prints? The VR ones I have look wonderful on my dressing table. They hold jewellery very well.

Aerin

Astraea Aurora

baba-prague said:
I want initially to offer about three Gothic images, so if anyone has any ideas on which they would like, do let me know (no guarantees, but of course we will try to begin with images that people want).

I'd die for the Devil - this card took my whole heart by storm, really. All of my emotions run into this card. I'm sooooo in love with it!

That'll be so fabulous ... *off to daydream about my Devil*

Astraea Aurora :grin:

Skydancer

FWIW ~ I am extremely partial to the Moon in BGT and 3 of Wands. Lots of atmosphere that is timeless, mysterious, romantic ... what other criteria do you require?

*S*

Promise

Karen,

I have a question, simply for curiosity's sake. I know that with the VR gold kits, which I didn't find out about until they were all spoken for, sadly, there was a journal that came included in the kit. Would you and Alex ever consider adding journals to your regular product line?

Maybe I'm the only one who would like to see journals, but I always always ALWAYS keep a tarot journal handy, as well as a regular journal just for everyday things, and I'd personally love to have a few with my favorite deck images on them. Maybe even some that weren't deck-specific would be nice. I remember how much I absolutely adored the postcard that you sent when my VR was missing a card that you so graciously replaced. I actually put it in a shadowbox as a backdrop for my grandmother's pearls and satin gloves she wore to get married in. I just think images like that are classic and deserve to be preserved

I apologize for rambling, it's late and I just wanted to get this idea out before I forgot it.

ilweran

I'll second the journal request. I love notebooks and journals, even though until recently I rarely used any of them because I think my messy writing will ruin them. Now I'm learning to accept my writing :D

baba-prague

Promise said:
Karen,

I have a question, simply for curiosity's sake. I know that with the VR gold kits, which I didn't find out about until they were all spoken for, sadly, there was a journal that came included in the kit. Would you and Alex ever consider adding journals to your regular product line?

This is an interesting question. We were asked by a UK distributor to do this and so, when we made the VR and BBC Gold journals we did a lot of work on costing them, working out feasibility, looking at design options, etc.

In fact, we can make them to sell at reasonable prices (though we can't get them down to the kind of "pennies" cost of the huge manufacturers) but the issue is shipping - they are quite heavy to post and we wonder if people will really want to pay for that? Textiles are wonderful because they are light to post, so even when we send registered, the shipping costs are reasonable. But with journals we thought that shipping seemed high in relation to the retail cost of the journal. Actually, it's exactly the same with our companion books, and one reason we only print a few extra - they are comparatively expensive to ship as they are on nice paper and weigh quite heavily for their size.

I would love to see a Bohemian Gothic journal - as I say, we already have some design ideas - but I think, realistically, things like Bohemian Gothic messenger bags may seem better value for money by the time you factor in postage (I worked with an AT-er for many months last year until we got those bags to a really great cost for quality level. I just wish we could get them on the shop quickly, but nearly, nearly there!)

But Alex and I regularly sit down together - with full tabby assistance, our boss-cat always comes to our "meetings" - to discuss possible new designs and products.