The Bohemian Gothic Tarot

baba-prague

But are you not scared FOR the girl rather than scared by her? I just wonder what's about to come out of that castle and chase her.

Master_Margarita

baba-prague said:
But are you not scared FOR the girl rather than scared by her? I just wonder what's about to come out of that castle and chase her.

Honestly, I have faith in that little girl. It looks like she has a pretty good head start. The only light that I noticed on in that castle is on the top floor, and whatever old evil is on the top floor will not have nimble legs to negotiate those stairs. She's got a pretty good head start.

Was this the fairy-tale-ish card you were tantalizing us with earlier today?

M~

baba-prague

Master_Margarita said:
Was this the fairy-tale-ish card you were tantalizing us with earlier today?

M~

Yes. It actually reminds me very much of the scene in which one of the girls - is it Lucy? - gets sent in to find the magician's grimoire in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Narnia series). But that was lighter than this.

HearthCricket

baba-prague said:
Okay. I think of this as the HearthCricket card because right at the beginning of this project she said something about someone stealing away with mysterious boxes and grimoires and it's been on my mind ever since.

So - the Stolen Grimoire card - with thanks to HC:

http://baba-studio.livejournal.com/

LOL Oh, I love it! Thank you! Yes, she knows she shouldn't have stolen it, but the temptation was so strong. She will go home now, sneak in a closet, with a candle, start reading outloud, unknowingly rising evil from the depths, and I imagine the outcome will be a 9 of Swords night and eventually a 4 of Cups gal! Ah, foolish child. Have you any idea what you are in for??

It does have a Narnia touch to it. Very fairytale-ish. Also something Brothers Grimm, though not sure what. Maybe nothing specific but very much that feeling. Innocent children getting into things they shouldn't tamper with... lol :D

Queen of Disks

I really hope that book wasn't the Necronomicon. Because then we're all in big trouble... :bugeyed:

Queen of Disks

That's the creepy part. Not who's going to chase the little girl. It's what kind of creepy magic is inside that book.

Nevermore

baba-prague said:
Yes! I see this as she had to steal this for someone to survive.
Or perhaps she didn't steal it at all, but stole something *back*?
Her face is terrified but also seems to be saying that what she's doing (legit or not, it's sneaky business) had to be done.

6 Haunted Days

Queen of Disks said:
That's the creepy part. Not who's going to chase the little girl. It's what kind of creepy magic is inside that book.

Well let's hope it's not just RavenWolf Motherlode's Wiccian book of Shadows, then she's really gonna be in trouble :laugh:

shadowomyn

Y'all are not going to believe this - my credit card company blocked my card and sent me an e-mail asking that I confirm my purchase. All she had to say was "with Mahony and (pause as she tries to read name)" and I was able to confirm it right away.

In a way I'm glad that they check this stuff, otoh my acct was blocked since the 17th and I didn't know it. I'm trying to remember if I purchased anything else!. It's funny, too, that they'd check on this purchase which - really - is not all that big a $$$ amount.

firefrost

baba-prague said:

I find myself more worried about what the sweet little child is going to cook up for everyone out of that book if she's not stopped...

Hils