The Bohemian Gothic Tarot

TygrEyes

Put my pre-order in!

I was a VERY girl good girl this year, resisted some other decks I found intriguing - my collecting was kept at a minimum. It was all because I knew this deck was coming. When I checked today and saw that pre-orders opened I immediately ordered the Silver Edition with book, and a standard edition deck. I'm holding off on ordering bags until the messenger bags come out. I want a BG Strenth messenger bag, and a VR Devil wristlet - which I haven't seen availble yet, but I'm hoping it will come. I'm okay with waiting, because I know it will be worth it.

Vesper

baba-prague said:
Shall I get this thread firmly back on track and post a card?

Yes! Another card, please. My preorder is in (one silver, with book), and now I'm haunting this thread in hopes of seeing the future.

baba-prague

Okay. I think of this as the HearthCricket card because right at the beginning of this project she said something about someone stealing away with mysterious boxes and grimoires and it's been on my mind ever since.

So - the Stolen Grimoire card - with thanks to HC:

http://baba-studio.livejournal.com/

Master_Margarita

baba-prague said:
Okay. I think of this as the HearthCricket card because right at the beginning of this project she said something about someone stealing away with mysterious boxes and grimoires and it's been on my mind ever since.

So - the Stolen Grimoire card - with thanks to HC:

http://baba-studio.livejournal.com/

See, now this one is sweet. Not scary at all! What a mischievous young 'un!

M~

baba-prague

We are having problems keeping up with the wristlet orders (these wristlets are really good) but we do in fact have some VR Devil printed up for wristlets I think - so probably in 2-3 weeks.

We have to think carefully how to do the messenger bags - they are landscape format and the cards are of course portrait, so there will be a fair bit of work involved in redoing some imagery. I think we might go much more for close-ups. Or in theory we could have a spread of four cards, but not sure how that would look really.

You know I ALWAYS - all my life- wanted to get back to designing textiles. I even began a fashion design degree in London once, but decided (family reasons) that it wasn't possible to do it properly with travelling and so on and left in the first term :(

baba-prague

Master_Margarita said:
See, now this one is sweet. Not scary at all! What a mischievous young 'un!

M~

You don't find that scary? For real or are you kidding? The guy editing this said that he was scared out of his wits (well, he is Irish and used a slightly more colourful expression) by the cards that show children in this deck. He told me he had nightmares about the Page of Wands. I wasn't sure what to say.

Master_Margarita

baba-prague said:
You don't find that scary? For real or are you kidding? The guy editing this said that he was scared out of his wits by the cards that show children in this deck. He said he had nightmares about the Page of Wands. I wasn't sure what to say.

For real I do not find this one scary, despite the nature of the book. It's the look on her face. I'm also okay with the Page of Wands, though she looks more worldly IIRC.

I'm a considerably less certain about the girl at the knee of the Empress.

I am quite sure that I am totally scared by the Bad Seed in the Sun card.

M~

firefrost

I agree with M on this one, I don't find this scary either.

Now the two children on the six of cups, they scare me.

Hils

Master_Margarita

firefrost said:
I agree with M on this one, I don't find this scary either.

Now the two children on the six of cups, they scare me.

Hils

Yeah, they're a little creepy too, but no one beats young Damien on the Sun.

M~

firefrost

Yep, I bet they're all related!