The Bohemian Gothic Tarot

la-luna

baba-prague said:
Tarot Garden will get some :)

I don't know if we will have any left in February - it's honestly hard to tell right now as the deck has sold much faster than we anticipated. I don't know if orders will slow down once the pre-order period is past (we will close the pre-order in a week or so probably).

By the way you say that I get the feeling we’re well over 3/5 of the deck sold.
Somehow something that does not really surprise me – if I hadn’t budgetary problems right now I WOULD by at least one back-up. Let’s hope that when my cash arrives there will be one left.

pippi

baba-prague said:
I don't think we can now that we've had so many pre-orders based on the promise that it's a 500-only limited edition (I mean, some people may have bought partly for rarity value and if so, might be understandably annoyed).

I personally wouldn't mind more people having the opportunity to have the Silver Edition...but that's just me...I didn't order mine for the rarity factor, and I like to spread the love! :)

That being said, I have a great deal of respect for the reason behind your decision, as it shows integrity, which these days can be as rare as this deck edition! ;)

Question...as I don't have the Gold edition of the VR, I know nothing about what it's like. Will any of the silver come off on your hands as you are shuffling/dealing?

baba-prague

pippi said:
Question...as I don't have the Gold edition of the VR, I know nothing about what it's like. Will any of the silver come off on your hands as you are shuffling/dealing?

No, it won't. It's actually silver ink and it's put on after the other inks and before the varnish is applied. So it's absolutely sealed in.

Though I quite like the idea of shuffling this deck with hands that are lightly dusted in silver ;)

pippi

Ah, thanks for explaining. I can't wait!!!

Briar Rose

The Bohemian Gothic Tarot is the most sophisticated representation of the Macabre that I have ever seen in pictures, or in movies.

Bravo! Excellent! Thank you!

6 Haunted Days

baba-prague said:
Though I quite like the idea of shuffling this deck with hands that are lightly dusted in silver ;)

That does sound quite charming :)

As others have said I haven't purchased the Silver for any rarity value, I buy things to use and enjoy! But I do understand your reasons for sticking to your original number, I thought asking couldn't hurt!

baba-prague

6 Haunted Days said:
That does sound quite charming :)

As others have said I haven't purchased the Silver for any rarity value, I buy things to use and enjoy! But I do understand your reasons for sticking to your original number, I thought asking couldn't hurt!

No problem, the enthusiasm is appreciated.

And thanks HeavensVault - we put a lot into this deck (slightly wiped out now, but happy it's done). I just want to get it into people's hands and see how it reads now.

Emily

I am going to wait until the mainstream Bohemian Gothic comes out - the main reason because I want a working deck and I just know that if I buy the silver edition it will sit on the shelf like my Golden Victorian Romantic, the standard VR is a working deck.

I do love the look of the silver edition but I want to use it without fear of damaging something that I wouldn't be able to replace so my best option is to wait for the standard BG - hopefully it will be a Christmas pressie, along with a couple of bags. :) Plus I've seen almost all of the cards posted online and still love the look of the deck, the colours and the atmosphere of it, once I have the deck in my hands, I don't think I'll miss the silver highlights. :)

shadowdancer

Hi Karen

I bet you are starting to let out a sigh of relief at the fact it is complete. A long but worthwhile haul for you.

Just out of interest (and it is not pressure, as I am more than happy for any wait ahead) when do you believe it will be going to print, and then shipped?

In the meantime will pleasure myself with what is shown on the website :)

Take care

Davina

baba-prague

We will know more around the middle of this week. Right now we are just waiting to be given a print date by the printers. Drums fingers on desk and tries to look calm...