The Book of the Law Study Group 2.44

ravenest

Aeon418 said:
But what has all this got to do with death? It might be helpful to reflect on the French metaphor for orgasm, la petite mort -the little death. If sexual climax is the little death, then how good is the real thing going to be? ;)

The mystic magician doesn't want to wait until physical death occurs. He/she sets out to obtain this "liberation" during life.

[Loved all of your post 3 !!! ]

Sexual climax is a little death as one looses ones 'ego' and 2 seem to become 1. If one could imagine this same experience with all of creation instead of just one person ... !

Crowley taught (in the OTO initiations) the first 3 degrees in a somewhat Osirian formula ... the death and rebirth of/in the Sun / son (as do most mysteries; masonry, etc ) but hints this is so and by analogy we can, with what we know now, come to greater understanding.

So what does actually happen? The Sun doesnt die, the earth, and our position on it (or our perspective) moves into the shadow of the earth from the sun, the 'Solar ego' is eclipsed. What else happens? We look up and see millions of (other) stars. A beautiful, awe inspiring, conciousness changing sight.

I'd like to think the same about death; our own self importance and focus is dissolved and we are partakeers of a greater mystery and experience.

Experiencing night and stars for the first time ... on the greater level, after death .... yum!

And the best part is that it isnt something that ANY of us are going to miss out on. (If we are open to it ... I guess there are some people who will refuse to 'look up'.

Aeon418

ravenest said:
Sexual climax is a little death as one looses ones 'ego' and 2 seem to become 1. If one could imagine this same experience with all of creation instead of just one person ... !
Apep deifieth Asar. ;)

Grigori

Always Wondering said:
As I understand it (maybe) Nu is related to Nothing as in 0=2, and in a small way I can deal with nothing as the absence of anything. So where does ecstacy fit in No thing?
Dissolution implies we go back to 0. We aren't 2 anymore. Is this verse saying then, that Nothing is really something?

I was reading the Book of Thoth tonight, and saw this line which reminded me of this thread.

absolute zero, which turns out on examination to mean any quantity that one may choose, but not, as the layman may at first suppose, Nothing, in the "absence-of-anything" vulgar sense o the world (See "Berashith", Paris, 1902.

Always Wondering

Oh, thank-you Grigori, you are so thoughtful.
Darn your lovely socks too. :laugh:

AW