~the Deck Of Shadows~

JennyNY39

Feel better Gryffinsong :( Migraines are no fun at all.

This deck is amazing. I use it for different types of readings, but my favorite is yes/no. I shuffle and when it feels right, start laying the cards into a stack. Whichever card falls first, yes or no, is my answer. In the 11 instances I have done this it has been correct 100 percent of the time. Pretty amazing! A flat out answer...no deciphering.

linnie

greatdane said:
That's what I was looking for! People who got it and still love it. I know sometimes that "new car smell" wears off a deck and then people go on to something else. Great to read you're both still loving and using yours!

Blessings,
GD

Namaste, greatdane! :) Very glad you received the information you needed ... Now I have found yet another deck that intrigues... I will sit with it a while, though... This site is rather treacherous for those who would prefer to stick with just a handful of favourite decks!!!! :) Many blessings... (Would that the cuppa was just around the corner! :)

Satori

The busy white borders and words seem overpowering in the scans. is this the case in the hand?

GryffinSong

Satori said:
The busy white borders and words seem overpowering in the scans. is this the case in the hand?

I find that I can sort of zoom in on the image and pretty much ignore the words and border. BUT, it did seem overpowering at first, and I could easily see why someone might continue to see it that way. I wish the pictures were larger ... I have to put on my reading glasses.

avalonian

Scott says in the LWB that "The Deck of Shadows was conceived to use the words of each card as the primary method of interpretation". I think this may be why the words and symbols in the borders are so prominent, and the pictures so small. I find that the pictures help to give the "feeling" of the card, but I read the cards using the words and symbols more than the pictures.

:) :) :)

SGrossberg

avalonian - You are absolutely correct in your description of how the cards were designed to be used. Words can be as symbolic as images, perhaps more in this day and age. The Deck of Shadows "speaks" to you, literally, with its own unique voice - almost like a conversation with an old friend.

The images and other card designs were embedded as support for that heart-to-heart exchange.

Hope that helps. - Scott

GryffinSong

SGrossberg said:
avalonian - You are absolutely correct in your description of how the cards were designed to be used. Words can be as symbolic as images, perhaps more in this day and age. The Deck of Shadows "speaks" to you, literally, with its own unique voice - almost like a conversation with an old friend.

The images and other card designs were embedded as support for that heart-to-heart exchange.

Hope that helps. - Scott

That makes sense. I'm such a visual person that I tend to read the image first, intuitively, and only then look at words. Sounds like with this deck I might do better to flip my usual process around.

rif

SGrossberg said:
avalonian - You are absolutely correct in your description of how the cards were designed to be used. Words can be as symbolic as images, perhaps more in this day and age.

And it works quite well, if I may say so. I've been using my new deck this week and I'm very happy with the readings it allows me to do.

SGrossberg

Okay AT friends - I have just been notified that The Deck of Shadows has been selected as a finalist in the 2011 About.com Reader's Choice awards. Polls will officially be available for casting votes for the favorite Oracle Card decks starting tonight (Feb. 11, 12:00 AM EST) and continuing through March 8. Winners will be announced on March 15.

To learn more about the awards program at About.com visit:
http://healing.about.com/od/healernetwork/ss/2011-readers-choice-awards-finalists.htm

The Deck of Shadows is listed here:

http://healing.about.com/od/divination/ss/best-oracle-deck-2011_4.htm

Naturally, I would appreciate you all voting for The Deck of Shadows and letting your own friends and fans know about the contest.

Thank you, all, in advance, for your continued support of my creative endeavors. Your encouragement means so much.

Ashtaroot

Congratulation that is amazing:D