The Druid Craft and the Victoria Regina

Sophie

You hold the cards across the middle and shuffle them in the direction of the picture, instead of sideways, as is usual.

It's more difficult to do a poker-shuffle that way - if that's what you like - but not impossible.

BTW - I like the big feet ;)

Requiella

Well, I finally opened my deck yesterday, and I have to say--I'm quite impressed. The artwork is...luscious! That's the best way to describe it, I think. The big feet really don't bother me either. I've always been into Celtic lore, so this deck satisfied me there, as well as satisfying my slightly pagan leanings. Now, mind you, it hasn't surpassed my Spiral, but what can. I'm certainly glad I have a copy of it!

Metaclematis

Victoria Regina

Hi

Both of these sets look wonderful and at such variance with eachother, please can you post who you purchase your decks from?

Namaste

Helvetica said:
You hold the cards across the middle and shuffle them in the direction of the picture, instead of sideways, as is usual.

It's more difficult to do a poker-shuffle that way - if that's what you like - but not impossible.

BTW - I like the big feet ;)

Bless you, Helvetica. I couldn't have explained it better! :)

I rather like the big feet too. It gives the impression of being well grounded and centered.

Namaste

Metaclematis said:
Hi

Both of these sets look wonderful and at such variance with eachother, please can you post who you purchase your decks from?

The Victoria Regina you can still get from eBay, I believe, but it is becoming difficult to find. Maybe other people have seen decks in stores closer to them or on book discount sites online in the US. It depends where you are.

The Druid Craft you can order from Amazon or from www.tarotgarden.com Hope this helps, Metaclematis. :)

Namaste

Requiella said:
Well, I finally opened my deck yesterday, and I have to say--I'm quite impressed. The artwork is...luscious! That's the best way to describe it, I think. The big feet really don't bother me either. I've always been into Celtic lore, so this deck satisfied me there, as well as satisfying my slightly pagan leanings. Now, mind you, it hasn't surpassed my Spiral, but what can. I'm certainly glad I have a copy of it!

I told you so, Requiella. :D

Metaclematis

Victoria Regina & Druid Craft

Thanks for the kind information Namaste - am going shopping!

Elizabeth Genco

There are four copies of the Victoria Regina up on eBay right now, looks like:

edited to remove link to e-bay auction
(I hope that link works!)

Asradel

I am a Druid Craft junkie too. I also own the Victoria Regina and find it fascinating - however, I am not crazy about The Fool in the Victoria Regina. I had seen the fool before I purchased it, but my love of The Moon over-rode my dislike of The Fool and I'm glad it did because I feel like it is going to be a very important reading deck to me one day.

The Druid Craft has a very special voice, and I do find myself comparing it to the Robin Wood deck, which was my former favorite for years and years..... It feels like a natural progression to move to the Druid Craft. Like going deeper into the forest to see whether the trees are really alive. Nice.....it will be the deck I take to the Reader's Workshop in NYC next month. Well, the main reading deck I take anyway.....you fellow junkies know I can't take just one!

Az

cynthia padley

Victoria Regina cards

I've been seeing them on Ebay for like 19.99, I bought mine for 24.99. I am an Ebay junkie now! Decided to put my books and belly dancing costumes, etc the past 2 days on Ebay, and that is work!

Ebay takes forever to load up, and taking pictures and all is so time consuming. I did sell 2 hardback books for a total of 25.00 with shipping and all. I am looking around for everythings to sell now! EBay junkie and tarot card nutty!