The Friendly Tarot - split from ' Another mystery deck question' in Tarot Decks

nicky

I love the placement of the sun!

gregory

Hurry hurry hurry. :D

Well, you have 6 weeks; I'm going to be away !

lark

I love seeing all the cards as you finish them...a fresh perspective on the Hierophant...not one of my favorite cards in any deck, but that pentacle gave me an aha :lightbulb moment.

Hannafate

Yeah, I always thought of the Heirophant as being about the structure, not the person. That's why I drew him dark, and hard to make out in the glare of the pentacle. The person on the throne is just the implementer of "the rules", not the creator of them.

MysticalMoose

I'm loving seeing these cards :) thanks for sharing! :love:

Hannafate

I am using skin tones metaphorically in this deck as well. I will generally keep them in a range of natural human skin colors, so that they are not too disturbing, though.

My first thought was that the Fool should have skin the pale green color of budding leaves. But, that made him look like he was ill. So, he's just scholarly pale. Never been out in the world to get experience, and pick up a tan in the process. Yes, he's gonna get burned...

gregory

These are lovely, Hannah !

quixoticmisery

damn ya'll are good! you should call yourselves.."the magnificiant tarot detectives" or something. lol. that deck is friggin awesome...i might get it was well. im thinking about starting to collect decks! my new hobby! =]

btw hanna...those are amazing! loved how you did the hangman. and the colors are wonderful!