The High Priestess and the Orientation of the Temple

floracove

Very interesting, though not sure about following the last bit of Helvetica, I wouldn't know a slut if I saw one, well, wait a minute, that's not quite true, as I have recognised a few, just not online. lol

I haven't had the chance to read the links, but this story sounds very good to me, helps to put alot of things it sense.

Thank you firemaiden & Umbrae.

Alissa

A wonderful read over coffee this morning, thank you both.... :smoker:

elancl

I've had the egress theory expounded upon in my presence before, and come away mostly bleary eyed. Reading this it's become a little more clear (though since I have NOT had coffee, perhaps not as clear as it could be!). There should be Umbrae/firemaiden stories for all cards! The form aids understanding. Thanks to you both. Someday I will have to actually *study* in addition to reading from the 'gut'. Then I might be able to comment more intelligently.

satinangel

Brilliant!

This greatly helped me understand our earlier discussion, Umbrae!

Thank you both, for taking the time to write this and provide the links! Will we be seeing future journeys into other cards?

~SatinAngel~

tmgrl2

So....

as a child in the womb, gestation, we are "walking with Wisdom" inside the Temple of the High Priestess....and

....we can and should continue to do so, if we are going to walk the path of Wisdom in this earthly plane.

If the Priestess won't let us leave, however, until we are "ready," how do so many of us wind up on the path, looking in at the Guardian, asking for her Wisdom??

Do we unlearn all of the knowledge we held as an innocent child?

Does fear lead us to believe that we somehow know better?

When I go back to my first encounter with the High Priestess, I remember reading/hearing that the HP will only answer or give you guidance or information if you ask the right questions....she "guards" her knowledge.

Yet...now, perhaps, I need to think that if I am looking "in" that maybe it is because I have left, or because I "think" that I am outside looking in instead of inside, walking the Path.

Grgghghgh....I think, now, I need some coffee and....chocolate....my head is twisting all around...need more time to reflect, but wanted to pour out some of what came to me after my first read of these wonderfullly reflective posts....

.................?????????????

Satori

Please read while facing...east.

I drink coffee with cardamom every single day and have for years! So, maybe the spice will help me here...

Knowledge within, and not being allowed out until ready...
Perhaps this means that you just can't take the bigger deeper concepts out and bandy them about like some kind of waiting room chit chat.

Nobody gets on the elevator and says "The path to the great wisdoms of life may involve Tarot cards. Are you ready?"

It would seem to me that part of what is being discussed in your early posts is that some knowledge/wisdoms need to be experienced, earned, sweated over, bled over and here I mean the menstrual cycle. Because as a woman, the cycle of life is about completion. It isn't the blinding rut, but the desire, the flow of juices, the search for a partner, the feeling, the foreplay, the act, the afterglow, and then the pregancy another cycle, the birth, another cycle....parenting, the rut again, and so on.

And if you choose not to bring another life along the continuum then you are in another cycle...

Priestess won't let you out until you die seems to me. And then you are like an addict. You need more. So the next lifetime you do some different version, but the truth is, once you enter that temple you may never leave until you reach enlightenment, whatever the hell that is.

And I'm beginning to think that enlightenment sounds something like an AA prayer.

"I admit that I am powerless before the enormity of the Universe.
I am a flea upon the back of Anubis.
I am the spittle that leaves the lips of Christ. As such I am Divine.
And once I realize that my divinity is dependent upon the Christ hocking a loogy I am humbled and quieted. Forever more. Amen."

firemaiden

elf said:
"I admit that I am powerless before the enormity of the Universe.
I am a flea upon the back of Anubis.
I am the spittle that leaves the lips of Christ. As such I am Divine.
And once I realize that my divinity is dependent upon the Christ hocking a loogy I am humbled and quieted. Forever more. Amen."

Firemaiden sprinkles cardamom in the east, kneels before elf, and says "Amen".

Sophie

What's a loogy?

And what is hocking one, for that matter?

(Helvetica sneezes. Too much cardamom. In the coffee please. I face South, personally).

Umbrae

A Loogie is a glob of expectorated phlegm.

To hawk (or hock) a loogie is to expectorate and expel a loogie with force.

This thread began, as a way to explain that the accepted explanation of the HP as sitting at the temple looking out was fallacious.

FM said that if she sits and looks inwards, and guards inwards that the accepted meanings would change.

I said it's a subtle, but a profound change.

And so the above was the result.

:smoker:

Sophie

Helvetica tries to find a higher meaning in the expression "hock a loogie", realises there isn't any, and dissolves into viragesque anger -

You mean to say I shlept my way through all these orientation posts - when I, no more than firemaiden, can tell my left from my right - at an unearthly hour this morning, only to be told that the result of all my hard work was to spit a gob?!

(trust elf to spill the beans)

Sigh.

None of you understand Her

(Helvetica weeps alone, with her High Priestess. Who tackles her to the ground to cheer her up. AND SHE DOES NOT HOCK LOOGIES. Though she might well be Solomon's Slut, for all I know. Probably was. And she tried to keep him within.... aha! this is obviously the origin of vagina dentata!!!).