The Oracle of Visions

Myrrha

This is an utterly gorgeous deck, so worth the wait!

Not only are the images beautiful but the perspective of the deck is interesting and unlike other oracles. It is hard to explain what I mean by this but the cards seem to suggest an angle of approach to a problem..."look at this aspect of it" with enough vagueness that I can really apply it and enough specificity that it is useful. It is psychological in a useful way, very well thought out.

MysticalMoose

stunning

I got mine from a fellow AT-er & absolutely LOVE it! :) the large cards show the details perfectly, the colours are wonderful & the gold edging is just fabulous! It's well packaged too. I'm just about to sit down with the book for a read :D

Awesome! :grin:

MM :heart:

blackrainbow

If the marker doesn't work, I'll replace the card. No Problem.

Thank you the marker worked.
The book and cd are great. i sit there watching the screen savers my kids think i have gone mad. The deck is beautiful and the card size is great.

Aerin

I have my deck :), and I really appreciate the way it was packed because it is perfect (I often get box sets through the post that have been squished).

The card that really jumped out at me was the "Connections" lady, because putting a puzzle together from loads of pieces is how I see my work.

cirom

That card is one of my favorites also. Its actually my daughter, and was a reflection and observation of the issues that she and others go through at this stage in her life. But while working on that image, the underlying concept seemed to be so easy to relate to from my own perspective also. Figuring things out about myself at different points in my life and trying to make sense of it all. I assumed that would apply to everyone else too.

This is the common thread I hope runs through the entire deck, the images can represent both major issues as well as the nuances of everyday life. My aim is that while the images are decorative almost surrealistic fantasies, beyond that decoration, the scenarios they depict can be easily identified with in a very down to earth way.

Le Fanu

I have the deck and I love it and I think the meanings of the card work wonderfully for everyday issues and also wider concepts. And the images are so vivid. I went through the cards before looking at the book and the base meaning just jumps at you with lots of tiny twists and other perspectives in the tiny details.

This is an Oracle that reads so effortlessly. No forced memorising required.

One observation (just in case others have the same), the last two cards in my deck are slightly larger than the others. Maybe a millimetre or even half a millimetre on all sides. It isn't worth sending back or anything. This is more for Ciro to make a mental note of in case others have the same issue...

Elendil

Another observation:Has any one else noticed that not all the images on the cards are centred? The black border varies from card to card,left, right, top and bottom in my deck - and some card images (I have Card 5 in front of me as I write) are 'skewed' with a very narrow border at bottom left, widening noticeably towards the top left.

This is my only quibble (perhaps I have OCD) - but my eyes keep being drawn to the inconsistencies and away from the wonderful images.

E.

cirom

Thanks for all the feedback. i'm particularly satisfied to hear that the images are working even before reading the companion book. As I indicated in that book, that was one of my goals.

As to the references of inconstancies, I have to acknowledge after reviewing several copies, I have also noticed some. So in full disclosure there are indeed cases of misaligned, etc. These issues are not throughout, i.e. the same card is not effected on every deck, it varies randomly. Overall I was pleased with the production, but certainly the printer dropped the ball on this final aspect of the production, the cutting and trimming. And I have informed them of that for future reference. Regrettably there is really nothing I can do other than to apologies. Based on the various decks I opened and examined, I don't think that such discrepancies when they occur are that noticeable, although such things to tend to become more so once you're made aware of them and are looking for them. Nevertheless there may well be samples that are more extreme. If that is the case, as I've mentioned on previous occasions (not just for this deck), if you feel there is a card that is damaged or inaccurate enough that it effects your reading, let me know by PM and I'll try to resolve the problem.

Aerin

That card is one of my favorites also. Its actually my daughter, and was a reflection and observation of the issues that she and others go through at this stage in her life. But while working on that image, the underlying concept seemed to be so easy to relate to from my own perspective also. Figuring things out about myself at different points in my life and trying to make sense of it all. I assumed that would apply to everyone else too.

:)

I think it is a great concept to apply to figuring anything out, not just self. I was also thinking that sometimes, just before you get the whole puzzle in place, all the pieces change shape and it is as if you need to start again.

I find that unless I get very confused at least once and have to start afresh, I haven't really understood at all.

Love the way the deck works out of the box :) - I give up on many oracle decks if it means I have to learn an entire system before I can use the deck.

Le Fanu

Thanks for all the feedback. i'm particularly satisfied to hear that the images are working even before reading the companion book. As I indicated in that book, that was one of my goals.
Very much so. As I read the book (I'm nearing the end) I am amazed at how richly the images convey the concepts. I think this Oracle is a triumph, and getting an Oracle readably "right", without excessive explanations, can't be easy.

I don't mind my slightly larger two cards. Certainly not worth returning/ exchanging. I haven't noticed any inconsistancies in the borders.