The Oracle of Visions

Cocobird55

My BBC deck was warped. I put it under a VERY heavy book for about 3 days, and then it was fine.

I just ordered the Oracle of Visions tonight. I've been looking at all of Ciro's decks -- I have all of them -- and decided to complete my collection. Now I'm looking forward to April when I can order the Gilded Tarot Royale.

cirom

I keep getting it out to use and then getting lost just looking at it LOL...

However, my cards are rather badly bowed...

I LOVE the deck, but I think I'm not actually going to be able to use it. =(

Sorry to hear that, I don't think thats a common problem, although I have noticed it occasionally on other decks (not this Oracle). I think if you did place a weight over them overnight, as the previous post recommended, or tried gently bending the deck in the opposite direction to its current curve, I'm confident the issue could be resolved. It seems a pity to not use the deck for this reason.

annabel398

Thank you, Ciro, it probably seems ridiculous that I haven't thought of/tried that yet... I will pile books on it (plenty of those at hand!) for a few das and report back. They really are gorgeous cards...!

cirom

I think it should do the trick. I do recall someone else having a similar issue some time ago, although that was with a different deck. But I also remember that it was a customer in Canada. I wondered at the time if the cards, having been stored for some time from sunny humid Florida then being shipped up to a drier colder environment, might have had something to do with it. (I know I would have been bent out of shape if I suddenly arrived into some cold environment :).

But I believe the customer also just pressed them into shape with few heavy books.

annabel398

Lol, I've had 'em a couple of months now, and we're in Texas (predicted high today 67o, eat your heart out, Canada!), so I don't think we can blame "climate change"...

Cocobird55

My deck came today -- it is stunning. I love the CD and the book, too. I have the flu, so it's hard to concentrate enough to do a reading, but I'm looking forward to it.

Thank you, Ciro, for another wonderful deck!

Cocobird55

I got my deck five days ago. I began by looking at all the cards, and reading the book. About 3 days ago, I started reading with them. I have been blown away every time that I've used them.

sfaithj

hope i don't get flamed for this but.....i love the oracle of visions more than my tarot decks! i feel like there's more "space" to free associate, tap into my intuition and engage with the querent. anyone else feel that way too?

Cocobird55

I like the Oracle of Visions as well as some of my favorite tarot decks -- I usually don't quite get oracles, but this one is exceptional.

WolfyJames

I finally received the Oracle of Visions. I find it quite beautiful. With its light, warmth and bright jewel colors the deck reminds me of the Tarot of Dreams. The package is beautiful as well and comes with many goodies. The cards themselves with the gold edges are beautiful too, they look precious. I'm looking forward to the Tarot of Dreams getting this very treatment very soon. Even though the cards are big I ended up scanning the deck to see up close all those details. I'm very happy of my purchase.