The Primary Deck Reflections 2009 Sign-up & Discussion Thread

firefrost

I'm back posting - got some catching up to do!

Onyx

I realized a couple of days ago that I haven't posted on the thread for a while. I want to start off by saying that I have really loved this excerise personally and getting the chance to read everyone's blogs helps to show me that I am not as alone.

As far as an update, going on three months with the Liber T is still pretty painless but I am starting to get itchy to try use other decks. I never made any promises of deck monogamy this year but still feel a bit like I am cheating. I did a couple of e-mail readings with other decks and posted in the Cosmic Tribe Study Group. Yet after a great reading on the Spirit Guide spread I am still committed to the one deck the whole year.

I was curious if there would be interest in all of us in the same week, choosing the same spread, doing it and posting our results? Now it seems that many of us in the group have tried the Spirit Guide spread. As I look toward the rest of the year I am faced with the fact that I will need to come up with about forty more spreads to do one a week for the rest of the year and I would really rather not repeat any. So this is me looking for ideas and inspiration as well.

Onyx.

faunabay

Onyx, I think it would be a great idea to have as many of us that wanted to do the same spread one week. I would love to see the different interpretations.

I'm still loving my Merryday. It's different enough from a "regular" deck that I'm still learning it. I definitely still use other decks throughout the week, but love using the Merryday for this exercise.

Although I sometimes just do a one card daily draw instead of trying a whole spread when I blog. Like you I find it difficult to come up with a spread and sometimes even a reason to do a whole spread. So I just do a daily card. Very easy and keeps me doing it. :)

NorthernTigress

I added a new blog posting. A "Deck Debate" between the Gilded and the MerryDay. Looks like they can get along fairly well together. Maybe I can do some combined readings with them later.

swimming in tarot

Onyx, I too need a little inspiration. I'm willing to try a group effort, with those interested. I've run out of questions to do spreads with. I've taken a break from posting on the PDR, but I'm playing in the Deck Study Group with the Quantum, so I'm keeping my promise that way, just in a different forum. Nisaba and the deck creators are posting there, too, so that keeps me on my toes. I'm also doing a daily draw in the "sounds like, smells like" thread in Tarot Games and Fun with the DruidCraft, which is making me look hard at the cards in an enjoyable way. I'm not intending to derail the PDR, but perhaps you'd find it refreshing to vary the pace for yourself, taking a breather in a different forum, without dropping your study of the Liber T.

-Swimming in Tarot

firecatpickles

I would be willing to do a weekly group practice, too. I am having motivation issues and picking a question each week. A spread that deals with general influences and energies would be nice.

firefrost

Me as well :)

I'm off to bed now, so see you all tomorrow :)

Asher

Good idea!

I'd like to participate also! Count me in.

Asher

enchanted spirit

I think having a bunch of people use and blog the same spread would be very interesting. I'd do it, as long as we don't have to do it on a particular day or something. I really am using the Victorian Romantic, almost every day! But I just do daily draws which aren't very interesting to blog about usually. So . . . yeah. But the daily draws are good, in fact I feel like it's giving me more insight into the deck than doing full readings, because I can think about one card at a time.