The worst sign for any planet

Nevada

With transits, the most irritating position for me is Moon in Aries. Once a month, for two days, that energy hits like dry lightning, causing flare ups where I least expect them.

As for natal positions, I suspect my Mars in Pisces (at almost the very bottom of my chart) is my greatest source of self-doubt and general feebleness of will, when I let it be. I've always wondered if that's the source of my chronic low energy.

Nevada

purplefishy

I am lucky to have a lot of good placements (moon in cancer, example), but i felt mercury in Pisces when I pinched a muscle in my lower back this week earlier and was debilitated for a couple of days.
Honestly, I'm just not comfortable with Virgo in ANYTHING. And I have Virgo in three planets- Saturn, Jupiter, and Mars.

Minderwiz

Astrid O said:
thanks Minderwiz,
should I do that here, in this thread or is the post from me a few days ago asking about my natal chart (the "care to trade astro info..." thread) enough info? (You sure did a pretty good job describing certain aspects of my character already!) I am with out a clue as far as astrology goes, and am not sure how much info you need for this question.
Thanks for the info you've been so kind to share.
Astrid

Seen your details in your original post - I'll respond here to the specific question relating to Pisces Sun and Ascendant and Aries Mars.

Minderwiz

On a separate note, much has been made about Mars in Virgo. Traditionally, Mars has no dignity in Virgo, apart from the last 6 degrees, when it has dignity by Terms.

With no dignity, Mars is termed 'Peregrine' or wandering - it's aimless or not able to get any direction. This is a weaker situation than being debilitated by Fall or by Detriment. So we would expect Mars in Virgo not to function properly at all. The result might well be misplaced or misdirected assertion - too much assertion over getting the detail right or 'not seeing the wood for the trees'

isthmus nekoi

That is very interesting...

Funnily enough I know two people w/a Venus-Mars conj in Virgo (Venus being fall in Virgo) fairly well and they are both into medicine, a totally Virgo thing (although they're both Chinese so cultural pressure ought to be taken into account).

The first - I am almost certain a Taurus rising, making Venus his ruling planet. He always knew he'd be a doctor, never wavered from that (lots of fixed signs) and was seriously considering doing surgery only (Mars=cutting). Also a total neat freak, it's almost like messiness is psychologically upsetting or something. The conj squares Uranus - began his residency training in emerg. Also a penchant for cars, races vehicles in his spare time.

The second - much younger, studying to be in med school or plan B, pharmacist. He's very bright and studious, I'm sure he'll get the plan B for sure. The conj makes a square to Neptune, so maybe that would be a good way to channel the square. Also is quite tidy and rather... uptight. (Sorry Virgos - but remember this assessment is coming from moi, w/a Sag moon!) Very... let's see, what's a nice word for this... chaste. Also, perhaps b/c of the square to Neptune, idealizes relationships or needs to have them "perfect" - parents divorced when he was quite young.

Cascade

mercury in Pisces

Hi all, How is it that Mercury in Pisces affects physical functions? For Paradoxx it causes a migraine, for purplefishy, a pinched muscle. I have mercury in pisces, so what health issues should I watch? thanks

Minderwiz

Well any planet anywhere can signify physical functions, or more precisely problems with physical functions. Mercury traditionally represents the brain, memory, voice, speech, the organs of speech and according to the seventeenth century medical Astologer, Richard Saunders, the sinews (muscles) hands, feet and little finger. Modern Astrologers would probably add the nervous system and respiratory system.

All of these are related to Mercury functions - communication, by speech or gesture, thought and mobility. So in a decumbiture chart (for an illness), if Mercury ruled the sixth house of dis-ease, then the problem lies in any of the above. Now Mercury in Pisces is in both detriment and fall. So if Mercury rules the sixth but is postioned in Pisces, any of the Mercury physical functions would be seriously debilitated. Paradoxx's migraine or purplefishy's pinched muscle would clearly fit this description of Mercury ailments.

Is it likely to affect you?

Well if you have a Gemini or Virgo Ascendant, and Mercury is in Pisces then yes, you do carry the risk - more Gemini than Virgo (Virgo's big problem is with the digestive system). If you have Mercury in Pisces in the sixth, then again this might be your most likely dis-ease, though you should have a look at the ruler of the Ascendant first.

We rarely consult Astrologers these days about illness but a chart cast for the moment that you were ill enough to take to bed, might reveal Mercury ruling the sixth and in Pisces, or Mercury in Pisces in the sixth. In the latter case I'd tend to go for foot related problems such as Achilles tendon, muscles controlling the foot movement, or nerve problems which affect walking as Pisces also relates to the feet.

Cascade

mercury in pisces

Thank you Minderwiz, for your reply. What a great life I'll have trying to learn as much as you know! But I do believe in preventative medicine and I think this could in some way help. Like making sure of proper footwear,or something.

paradoxx

I am a solar gemini/rising virgo so my mercury is very sensitive in both ways mentioned before (mind and digestion, weird). Anxiety over money isn't helping either since pisces is my second lunar house of finances. lots of sensitivity in that area.

At this time pisces water seems very still and you should never drink from still water.

paradoxx

Minderwiz said:
On a separate note, much has been made about Mars in Virgo. Traditionally, Mars has no dignity in Virgo, apart from the last 6 degrees, when it has dignity by Terms.

With no dignity, Mars is termed 'Peregrine' or wandering - it's aimless or not able to get any direction. This is a weaker situation than being debilitated by Fall or by Detriment. So we would expect Mars in Virgo not to function properly at all. The result might well be misplaced or misdirected assertion - too much assertion over getting the detail right or 'not seeing the wood for the trees'

Also since virgo is a very picky sign, the fall might be in neurotic or overbearing attitudes, depending on house of course.