The Worst Tarot's Ever?

Alta

I think I posted this before, but mostly I just like some decks better than others. The Enochian however left my home rather quickly. Wierd.

petegrey

Hello Hemera-

I'm glad you like it. Its a good feeling to know it is over there with promising new hands to work with.

Funny thing is, the Feng Shui theme interests me, but just not in Tarot.

Little Baron

Marion said:
I think I posted this before, but mostly I just like some decks better than others. The Enochian however left my home rather quickly. Wierd.

It is a dark one, isn't it? I do really like it, as I do the Voodoo but the same artist, but to read with, it really is too much trouble - where do you begin?

LB

Kimber

Moon Garden and Tantric

Another deck that just doesn't do it for me is the overly saccharine Tarot of a Moon Garden. Eeeewww. I've heard repeatedly that the Tantric Tarot is a huge disappointment, so I've never bothered with it.

Grizabella

I just got Tarot of a Moon Garden and I think it's really wonderful. Isn't it funny how tastes are different among all of us?

Parzival

The Worst Tarot Ever ?

Difficult to be objective about what's somewhat subjective, like asking who's the worst rock band or pop singer, among the good ones. The previously vilified Voyager doesn't seem so haphazardly split to pieces to me. There may be more unity to it than first meets the eye. Many symbols on given cards point to a singular meaning, cluttered, possibly, too complex, but not necessarily fragmented nonsense of a drunken octopus. Depends on how you look into it as a whole picture. More kaleidoscopic than chaotic. Consider the Universe, for instance... The Worst? Dion Fortune Tarot -- bad fortune.

Citrine

Like most of you, I can't really say there is a deck I hate, though I certainly like some and don't care for others. I am drawn the more organic, traditionally illustrated decks, and love nature and animals themes. I tend to shy away from the commercial, slick, computer generated looking decks.

Along those lines, the Animals Tarot by Mystic Games just too slick and collaged for my tastes. I just couldn't take it seriously and gave it to a friend who fortunately loves it (though she doesn't use it for readings). A college of mine gave me the Tavaglione Stairs of Gold Tarot. I am now guessing she got it and didn't care for it -- ha! It was a little too ornate for me and not something I could relate to easily for readings so it now sits on a shelf, collecting dust.

I wanted to like the Animal Wise Tarot by Ted Andrews, but have trouble connecting with it. The somewhat traditional border really clashes with the photos of the animals. They are good photos, but in my opinion belong in a nature textbook and not a tarot deck.

The Hanged Man

I agree with Lil' Buddha about the Masquerade. I don't think it's too bad actually, I like the bold simplicity of it, but having said that, I couldn't see me giving readings with it.

Someone mentioned disliking feminist Tarot's, and so do I, as well as gay Tarot's, because Tarot is not about excluding other people which decks like these inevitably do.

Oh, and what's that deck which has three 'Lovers' cards? One depicting a man and a woman, one depicting two gay men, and one with two lesbians. Oh please! The Lovers card will refer to sex and relationships regardless of the sexuality of the person being read for, we don't need two extra Lovers cards. Political correctness gone mad!

Little Baron

The Hanged Man said:
Oh, and what's that deck which has three 'Lovers' cards? One depicting a man and a woman, one depicting two gay men, and one with two lesbians. Oh please! The Lovers card will refer to sex and relationships regardless of the sexuality of the person being read for, we don't need two extra Lovers cards. Political correctness gone mad!

Cosmic Tribe ;)

LB

Dwaas

The Hanged Man said:

Cosmic Tribe indeed. And I love that deck. Because it makes it easier for myself and certain querents to identify when having specific questions about (sexual) relationships with somebody of the same gender. But to make sure I don't exclude anything or anybody I leave all three cards in the deck when reading. :)