There was a special edition of the Gilded Tarot?

midniteeye

can someone in the know tell me how much the limited edition gilded tarot cost when it first came out, and how much its blue book value is today? thanks.

scheherazade

The special edition Gilded Tarot was $300+ when it came out. I wouldn't know how much it would cost today, but I'm willing to bet that the person who put it up for sale in the trading forum recently could have sold it for more than it went. Could have auctioned it, even...

motsa

The person who had it up for sale had stated that they were selling it for less than half of the original price. Had I had the money at the time, I would have snapped it up myself.

cirom

about 2 years ago one was sold on e-bay for just over $400. I was aware of it because one of the bidders contatcted me to ensure that it was genuine.

scheherazade

Those of you who have the SE Gilded, can you tell me something about the finish? I read a review that described it as matte satin, and another described it as glossy. Confused. :) Is the finish comparable to one of Ciro's other decks?

The 78th Fool

scheherazade said:
Those of you who have the SE Gilded, can you tell me something about the finish? I read a review that described it as matte satin, and another described it as glossy. Confused. :) Is the finish comparable to one of Ciro's other decks?

The finish is different from the Tarot of Dreams and also from the new special edition Legacy Tarot which I've just received. It has a very silky feel and looks wise, it reminds me of the very best finish on cards produced by Carta Mundi in the 1990's for US Games. If you have an old copy of the Morgan Greer Tarot or even a copy of Nigel Jackson's Medieval Enchantment Tarot, these decks will give you some idea. The Gilded L.E. is better again though, as well as being far more durable.

Chris. xx