Tower Card Question

JustSoCat

AT can be overwhelming to someone who is new... so forgive if this could go somewhere else.

I was wondering if anyone had insight to why the Tower card pops up in my personal readings so very often. Almost every time I have a reading or do one for myself (which is more often) the Tower appears somewhere in the spread. Regardless of type of spread, and it appears almost anywhere in the spread except the "what is going on now" place if there is one. It is never the first or last card drawn. Although, it usually is only in the first 'fresh' spread done by anyone. And if it is just a Major spread, it will definitely be there. At first when I realized this as a teenager, it freaked me out so bad I wouldn't touch cards (or let my mom do a reading for me) for a long time. Now I realize that my life isn't as hectic and changing as the card implies. It even appears in computer generated spreads. Sorry, if this goes on and on...but it is really weird to me and I want to be accurate. Also, it is seldom reversed... (I can't remember ever seeing it that way)... Its funny how some people get tense over the Devil. Not me, I know who he is!! Its that dang Tower I don't get!! Thank you for reading my rant.
--JSC

brenmck

I got a really good suggestion for that very thing, recurring cards, here on the Forum not too long ago.

Try a short Celtic Cross (only the first six cards) with the card in question as the Significator. The surrounding cards may give you a good insight into what your Tower is trying to tell you.

~B~

Gayla

Yes, that is a good suggestion B.

I find the Page of Wands popping up often. I think it represents my son, but I am left wondering....it just seems to be following me from reading to reading.

So, I just take the opportunity to study the card from every perspective.

If the Tower desires to be with you, let it and it will reaveal it's true meaning to you in time. :) G.

Umbrae

Perhaps its an indicator of your nature, not external drama. Maybe you are one of those iconclastic individuals who love to rage against the machine. If it is a card that describes your nature, then perhaps you can find peace with it.
But I'm just thinking and rambling in text, don't pay me no mind...

Adjustment

I was wondering if this card is coming over and over in your reading, are you asking the same questions everytime the tower show up. This card could be trying to get your attention about something you aren't able to see for yourself.

satinangel

Since this is a re-occuring card for you could it possibly be a reminder to make sure that in what ever it is that you are doing...you do so on a solid foundation? Kind of a do-it-right-the-first-time...

Just a thought....

JustSoCat

wow.

Thank you so much for the suggestions! I am truely amazed at the input. I think I will be more comfortable now... I have some other viewpoints to consider. I think sometimes I get caught up in a reaction to something and get a mental block over the whole thing.
I will try the spread, and maybe it is reflecting my nature. That brought to mind how when I was very little I thought that the Tower card was the Tower of Babel. Maybe I am supposed to watch what I say- I sometimes talk too much (part of my nature *wink wink*).

Elnor

I went to a Tarot workshop a few weeks ago, where one of the things we did was to choose one of our 'problem' cards to work with. We did a meditation where we visualised ourselves going into the card and its environment- then asked the characters there for insights into why the card was difficult.

It was a really useful exercise, and I feel I have a much deeper understanding of the card I worked with- you might give this technique a try.

Elnor

Rosanne

Hi JustSoCat, I have a suggestion that is out side the square-so to speak. To me on of the associations of The Tower is that it is the 16th Letter of the Phoenician Alphabet like a gasp or an apostraphe 'en or in Hebrew Ayin which originally meant EYE. It became the Latin O as is today. Its original sound was a little intake of breath like a snort or how we say 'ing'.
Maybe you have been constantly missing 'Seeing' -You might be gifted with prescience or foreknowledge....mistakenly sometimes called 'being Psychic'. Then again you just might be Tall and have had concerns over that.... or even better you can find things that are lost. It never has to be traumatic change only. ~Rosanne

darkmoon84

5 pentacles

the same thing happens to me with the 5 of Pentacles. Every time Im shuffling it falls down, or it is always the first card of the deck. At first I thought it was coincidence but this has been happening for the last month or so....what does it mean??? What interpretations or meanings do u give this card??