Transgender decks!

Dee Ell

I just came across the Tinycog deck yesterday (still in progress) and thought you all might be interested in the High Priestess card! Sadly for many people it sounds like it's the one card thus far that turns them off to the whole deck which really is beautiful: https://m.facebook.com/tinycogtarot...89479302174/508792182635237/?type=3&source=54

ETA: also didn't notice the King of Swords until having another look just now: https://m.facebook.com/tinycogtarot...89479302174/508796362634819/?type=3&source=54

jainabee

I am enjoying all these posts and comments with links to so many fascinating decks and images. Thanks, everyone!

Laura Borealis

I don't think anyone has mentioned the Numinous Tarot yet. The artist Noel Heimpel is, in their words, a queer, genderfluid trans person. I would not necessarily call the Numinous Tarot a transgender deck, I'd call it diverse and inclusive of trans people, genderfluid people, nonbinary people, etc. When I first saw it I was all verklempt because I had never seen a queer nonbinary deck before. And it's beautiful. Can't wait for it to come out.

I agree with Fliz, it's hard for me to think of what a specifically transgender deck would be like - unless it's one like Laura Seabrook's, focused on her personal experience. At the beginning of the thread, well-intentioned people were suggesting decks with androgynous figures. To me that's not depicting a trans person, that's depicting an androgynous person. A trans woman is a woman; a trans man is a man. An androgynous person might be trans as well, but they could as easily be cis - likewise a trans person might be very feminine or masculine. You can't equate androgyny with trans.

aquestionmark

Morgan Claire Sirène has an erotic tarot deck in progress on instagram with a diverse set of gender identities.

WolfSpirit

I don't think anyone has mentioned the Numinous Tarot yet. The artist Noel Heimpel is, in their words, a queer, genderfluid trans person. I would not necessarily call the Numinous Tarot a transgender deck, I'd call it diverse and inclusive of trans people, genderfluid people, nonbinary people, etc. When I first saw it I was all verklempt because I had never seen a queer nonbinary deck before. And it's beautiful. Can't wait for it to come out.

I love that Magician, so expressive!

Sigrdrifa

In Invisible light tarot the king and queen of air seem to be the same person.

Falcor

Ok, I am seriously couldn't take eyes of it. It's the non-binary magical deck I was looking for. I think I'll support the amazing artist and wait for it to come out.