Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index

Cassandra022

Finally I got it done! The Mary El is trimmed... All borders removed and corners rounded....

looks awesome. may just enable me to put this back on wishlist...
could i possibly bother you to take a picture of it next to a deck from another card, for post-trim size comparison

*smiles winningly, with puppy eyes*

rylla

since i mentioned it, just for fun here is that thoth that I mentioned that I gilted in tsukeniko cosmic copper and then touched up with rub and buff spanish copper and then also a bit of tsukeniko pearlescent chocolate...i still may...touch up certain specific cards in the future, maybe...

lol, can you tell i have a thing about things being *just so*?

( its not the same thoth that i posted pictures up here of before, though trimmed the same way...)

it looks AWESOME!!!!

AJ

Cass, that 3rd image with the backs ever so slightly exposed says it all about why to consider doing the edges. hand in glove, horse and carriage, it all goes together!

Bat Chicken

looks awesome. may just enable me to put this back on wishlist...
could i possibly bother you to take a picture of it next to a deck from another card, for post-trim size comparison

*smiles winningly, with puppy eyes*

Post a pic of an untrimmed card beside a trimmed? Or a card from a different deck? If it's the latter, check my list and tell me which deck you'd like a comparison photo of!
I'll give that a try in the daylight tomorrow...

Cassandra022

Post a pic of an untrimmed card beside a trimmed? Or a card from a different deck? If it's the latter, check my list and tell me which deck you'd like a comparison photo of!
I'll give that a try in the daylight tomorrow...

um, either rws commemorative or purple box thoth would be great, i guess? :heart:

AJ- now you got that love and marriage song stuck in my head xD

Glass Owl

I like the look of that deck, never seen it before. Would you like to trade? :)

I'm not sure what I would write on them. The cards don't seem to welcome writing, to me. Have you considered key words? What do you use the deck for? Readings, meditation, etc?
The Prediction majors are lovely; it is the dreadfully boring pips that are just...

I have thought about key words but knowing me I'd get carried away and they would be covered in words. Although in the case of the pips, that might not be a bad thing since they don't really have much of anything on them.

Instead of key words, I could choose quotes or affirmations. Maybe I could leave the majors alone and just focus on the others?

Glass Owl

since i mentioned it, just for fun here is that thoth that I mentioned that I gilted in tsukeniko cosmic copper and then touched up with rub and buff spanish copper and then also a bit of tsukeniko pearlescent chocolate..
I bet that gilding combo would look amazing on the Steampunk.

Bat Chicken

OK, Cassandra - Here is a rather not perfect photo that shows the PCS Commemorative and the Purple Thoth.... The trimmed Mary El sits right in the middle of them in size with the Thoth being smallest...

Attachments

• compTMP.jpg
    compTMP.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 329

Bhavana

OK, Cassandra - Here is a rather not perfect photo that shows the PCS Commemorative and the Purple Thoth.... The trimmed Mary El sits right in the middle of them in size with the Thoth being smallest...

It's a major improvement, the trimming. I have been back and forth about this deck, and decided after seeing a youtube video on it not to get it. I usually like black borders, but feel with this deck they do not flatter. Plus the glossiness (which also USUALLY does not bother me) But - seeing yours trimmed - I like it!