Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index

Laura Borealis

A warning!

Regarding corner rounders --

OK, here's another (recommended by BSwett in another thread) Sun-Star Kadomaru Pro Corner Cutter - definitely more in my price range, and does 3mm as well as 5 and 8.

I finally got around to buying this corner cutter. It seems like a great little cutter for the thinner sorts of cardstock. I practiced using the corners of some greeting cards and such. It makes a satisfying pop sound as it punches, and the rounded corners are smooth and perfect.

However, it barely made a dent in heavy, sturdy cardstock. I pressed super-hard, and it would not pop through. I wouldn't recommend this cutter for anything but thin stock.

FLizarraga

Just wondering if anyone has trimmed the wild unknown? The cards don't have a firm line so I'm not sure about it!

I did. While the result is not as perfect as with a deck with well-defined borders, and I had to slightly retouch a couple of cards that were just too big, I love the way it looks now. I'll post picks as soon as I'm able.

rylla

Navigators of the mystic sea

I trimmed this deck and I am happy with the result. The images pop out.

Attachments

• Scan_20141124_145139.jpg
    Scan_20141124_145139.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 454

rwcarter

I've wanted to do that for years but fear the cards would be too small for me to use (although I use a mini-RWS, so maybe not). Yes, the images DO pop. Other than the titles, have you added anything else to the cards you posted? I see a couple of images I don't remember ever seeing before.

rylla

No, I haven't.

One card is turned over, to show the back of the card. The back of the cards had a white line (as front and back doesn't quite match) which I did with a brown marker (as well as the edges). (I don't think that was the question, I just wanted to mention it).

ETA The cards on the picture are: Queen of Sword, Knight of Sword, the Emperor, Judgement and the High Priestess.

rwcarter

I don't remember the rat and cage in Judgement. So you're right, the images DO pop! :)

Le Fanu

I have a trimmed one but it is with titles and keywords (I'm not sure they are keywords actually, maybe second titles). I love this deck and I know it well but I really quite like the titles and know I wouldn't remember them. Is anybody collating these images of trimmed decks or are they just sliding down the thread?

If they're organised into some sort of order, I could post pics of my deck, trimmed with titles.

But yours look lovely. I just wouldn't trust myself to differentiate them all.

AJ

. Is anybody collating these images of trimmed decks or are they just sliding down the thread?

If they're organised into some sort of order, I could post pics of my deck, trimmed with titles.

It is on my list of things to do :)
I started this project as a way to not think about having cancer.
And then I had bigger and worse things to not think about.

It is on my list of things to do.

FLizarraga

I did it, and quickly found out that I couldn't tell one card from the other, especially the majors. So I got another deck, and trimmed it like LeFanu, with titles and keywords.

rwcarter

I have a trimmed one but it is with titles and keywords (I'm not sure they are keywords actually, maybe second titles).

I did it, and quickly found out that I couldn't tell one card from the other, especially the majors. So I got another deck, and trimmed it like LeFanu, with titles and keywords.
If I ever trim mine, the keywords are definitely going, but I'll happily leave the titles. Even after reading the Minors novel, I still have no idea what some of those keywords are supposed to mean!