Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index

merissa_88

Druidcraft Backs, trimmed and decorated

I trimmed my entire deck to eliminate titles and borders and rounded the corners. Big mistake to use scissors, so I switched to a paper cutter.

Then I made a stencil for the backs and filled in with metallic markers. The stencil pattern is after some La Tene Celtic metalwork I saw. The backs are still in progress.

This is how it looks so far.

Attachments

• photo-107.jpg
    photo-107.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 474

Tanga

"Altered Decks"

I trimmed my entire deck to eliminate titles and borders and rounded the corners. Big mistake to use scissors, so I switched to a paper cutter.

Then I made a stencil for the backs and filled in with metallic markers. The stencil pattern is after some La Tene Celtic metalwork I saw. The backs are still in progress.

Awsome!

feynrir

Crystal Visions, trimmed + purpled edges

Hi!

I trimmed my Crystal Visions Tarot quite a while ago, and was surprised that pics of that one weren't part of the index yet. I know people have trimmed it--and it is indeed a good candidate for trimming--but no pictures? I thought I'd provide my own.

I did the edges in purple last night, and I am of two minds about recommending it. I think it looks gorgeous myself, but US Games cardstock, when trimmed, proves utterly absorbent around its borders in my experience. The purple bled in a bit more than I'd have thought.

At least personally, I'm okay with it :) Just a fair warning to anyone else who likes the look!

Pictures here:

Attachments

• Crystal Visisions Examples.jpg
    Crystal Visisions Examples.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 688
  • IMG_1441.jpg
    IMG_1441.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_1443.jpg
    IMG_1443.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 590

rylla

Chihuahua tarot

It did make a big difference for me, and I cannot be happier, but since I'm a compulsive trimmer I'm not the most objective person to ask that... ;)

Like most trimmed decks, it feels freer, and the images kinda flow out.

Thank you!

Finally I have decided to trim my Chihuahua deck. I'm happy with the result.

Now I feel brave enough to trim the Unknown.

Attachments

• Scan_20141130_214740.jpg
    Scan_20141130_214740.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 440

rylla

Japaridze tarot

One more trimmed deck:

ETA sorry, not sure why the sides are cut in the image (my saved file isn't like that)

Attachments

• Scan_20141227_125055_001.jpg
    Scan_20141227_125055_001.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 784

FLizarraga

One more trimmed deck:

ETA sorry, not sure why the sides are cut in the image (my saved file isn't like that)

Wow, both decks look amazing.

FLizarraga

Good heavens! there's such a thing as a corner rounder!
Hah - cool!
Plus playing with guilt sounds wonderful.

Once long ago - I trimmed my mini Hanson-Roberts with scissors (limited edition in mini
size. I've not been able to find it again since then).
...Because I'd written in all the borders whilst teaching myself, and later didn't like
my writing/what I'd written. I'd love now to improve on that scissor cut - as ofcourse
I couldn't manually round the ends - so I cut them off accross.
Next project on the boil then...

Thankyou all!

You can also leave the corners square, Marseilles style, and just take the sharpness out with a gentle application of fine grit sandpaper. I did that to one of my Thoths, to keep the "sacred geometry."

FLizarraga

Nice project! It's looking wonderful so far!

luxshine

I have this deck, the Arthurian, that I've always hated how it looks.. but after seeing it trimmed here I'm starting to think that maybe that's what it needs to look better. It's just.. those horrible white boards make it look really cheap.

Laura Borealis

Gilded edges on the Heart of Faery oracle.

Ink used: Tsukineko Brilliance in Galaxy Gold, one coat.

I think it works great with this deck, not too bright of a gold.

Attachments

• Heart of Faery Gilded.jpg
    Heart of Faery Gilded.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 383