Trimmed druidcraft, anyone?

stargazer

aurarcana said:
Thread revival.

So, my question is--which is really a matter of opinion--should I trim it entirely and free it of borders and titles, which is what I'm leaning towards? To those of you who trimmed it and were new to the deck, are the cards recognizable?

If you're not quite sure which way to go, why not trim it back to the inner boarder and titles to see how it feels, and then if you're still not happy with it you could cut it right back.

I brought mine with the sole intention of cutting off the boarders and titles and trimmed my copy right back to the artwork .. I absolutely love it now.

I didn't read with the deck until I had trimmed it up and I've not had a problem recognising any of the cards now that they have no titles.

I posted pics of my trimmed deck here ~ http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=37345

Let us know how you get on.

~:heart:~

OctoberGwen

Cassandra022 said:
..i LIKE how the titles and inner borders look..they really go with the theme of the deck, seem part of the art rather than just tacked on as an afterthought

I agree completely. The Druidcraft is the only deck I've trimmed - I don't have all the fancy tools, you see ;) - and I'm very glad I left those mossy stone borders on. Like Cassandra, I think both they and the titles add a certain something to the deck, and just getting the awful white borders off makes the art pop SO much.

I love this deck. I hope you fall in love, too, after you've worked your magic on it. :)

OctoberGwen

Oooo, though yours look AMAZING, stargazer....

strings of life

stargazer, yours looks stellar!

I've made up my mind - no borders and no titles :). I'll tackle it as soon as it arrives and will share my thoughts.

rwcarter

I bought an already trimmed Druidcraft from the Trading Forum awhile back. I just checked it and realized that the corners weren't trimmed. I'll have to rectify that at some point....

Marua

I can't believe it!

I started this thread five years ago, and it's still active! I guess it proves that the DruidCraft is a popular deck, and that trimming it is equaly popular. :)

strings of life

Marua said:
I started this thread five years ago, and it's still active! I guess it proves that the DruidCraft is a popular deck, and that trimming it is equaly popular. :)
That's the beauty of it really.

Mine is here and I am going to trim it to the bone - no borders or words. It's a rainy Saturday so it isn't sunny. I'll move a standing lamp to my dining room so that I get more light, sort of like a work space light, and am getting ready to trim away!

OctoberGwen

aurarcana said:
I'll move a standing lamp to my dining room so that I get more light, sort of like a work space light, and am getting ready to trim away!

Have fun! Can't wait to see pics; I'm sure it will look gorgeous.

stargazer

Good Luck & happy trimming! :D

strings of life

It's trimmed, and like many mentioned, an entirely different deck now. Wow.

I trimmed off all of the borders and the titles. This was actually my hardest trimming project since the inner border is close in hue to some of the images, but it ended up being my best trimming job.

I'm quite smitten with the deck now. To think it was traded away and one that I almost missed out on. It's like a being given a second chance.

The photo is taken at an angle so some due to the annoying camera flash; all of the cards are the same exact size :).

Attachments

• trimmed-druidcraft-no-borders-no-titles.jpg
    trimmed-druidcraft-no-borders-no-titles.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 672