Trimmed druidcraft, anyone?

mosaica

I finally trimmed my Druidcraft yesterday -- and I'm disappointed that I got so scissor happy and cut everything off.

After I had done a couple, I realized that I liked them much better with all the borders cut off, EXCEPT for the words. Oh my, they looked so beautiful with the words left on the bottom, like an entirely different deck! It balanced out the dark heaviness of the pictures so nicely, and placed the design on the back in the middle of the card (now it's off-center). The font was created especially for the deck, and I rather like it. I was so intent on having a few "wordless" decks that I didn't even think about it until it was too late. Argh. I may just have to get another Druidcraft so that I can do it "right"!

Scion

I'm pretty sure you can find someone to take a fully trimmed deck off your hands...:) Maybe they'll even trade a new set for the sliced one?

mosaica

We'll see what happens on the Trade Train!

olivia1

jackdaw* said:
Just had to bump this thread to brag. :D

First, I've never been one of the borderless fans on this forum... Too bad I couldn't have saved the titles, but I found the cards still bigger than I wanted with the full stone borders, and not as finished-looking with just the bottom stone border taken off.

I must say, it really does make the colours pop! And I never really liked some of the title changes (such as for Temperance, the Devil, and Judgement). In fact, I didn't much like the Judgement card at all before now. I found this new version to be a vast improvement.

Here are a couple samples below. The bottoms aren't as irregular as shown; I arranged them on the scanner even more lopsided than I trimmed them!

That looks wonderful! I should have read this thread before trimming my DC. I just finished trimming and at first I regret it but everyone was right- the rounded corners really bring it together. And now I am debating getting rid of the titles so mine can look as good yours. Thanks for sharing with us--now I'm excited about this deck again :)

olivia1

mosaica said:
I finally trimmed my Druidcraft yesterday -- and I'm disappointed that I got so scissor happy and cut everything off.

After I had done a couple, I realized that I liked them much better with all the borders cut off, EXCEPT for the words.

whoa. glad I saw this post before I cut the titles off. I guess I'll just round the corners off and leave it at that!

MysticalMoose

I love my trimmed DruidCraft its my all time love..mine is just the pictures, no borders, words etc,. Its nice to see how everyone has done theirs, it looks nice with the stone borders & the words as well :)

:love: MM

olivia1

MysticalMoose said:
I love my trimmed DruidCraft its my all time love..mine is just the pictures, no borders, words etc,. Its nice to see how everyone has done theirs, it looks nice with the stone borders & the words as well :)

:love: MM

How long did it take you to refine where you trimmed and then round the corners? I'm in the process of making mine look at great as everyone else's
:)

MysticalMoose

Well I suppose it was about an hour & half to two hours if I remember correctly....I do like it with just the pics, when laid out they seem to flow into each other & I read better like that :)

Grizabella

I trimmed mine but it was a dismal failure as I don't like uneven edges to try to shuffle with. Eventually I found a Russian version in the Trading forum and I'm thrilled with it. I can't read the titles but that's not a problem. It's small enough to shuffle great except that it's about twice as thick as usual because it's made out of some plastic-y matte stuff.

Editing to add that I don't condone the person who bootlegged this deck, but I'm glad I have one I can use.

Wendywu

I bought an A4 guillotine (one of those where you bring the swing-arm down and chop the paper, rather than one with a slidey cutter) and it's absolutely wonderful.

Absolutely straight, cuts the whole length of even the biggest cards in one fell swoop. Add in a corner rounder and wahey - easy peasey.

I got one of the very large Haindl decks (far too big to shuffle comfortably) but once it's gone to the guillotine it'll be fine - and still lovely big piccies.

ETA - the guillotine wasn't just for tarot cards - that'd be a bit extravagant :D