Tying Decks with Satin Ribbon

chrissydogz

my egyption deck that i use at work,i usually just leave it spread out on the table and if i do have to bring it anywhere else i put a small rubber band around it and just recently when i couldnt find a rubber band i used a yellow silly band instead lol. the hanson-roberts deck that i recently purchased at barnes & noble with a book(which is simply adorable by the way)i just put it back in the box when im finished with it.

lark

Faolainn Storm said:
Really! I have never heard of such a thing. I thought all hairties had rubber in them. I wish we could get things like that here.

FS
Oh, that's right you're not in US...yes they are really nice..the little brown ones are perfect for lenormand decks.

greatdane

LARK is that the brand name?

No Ouches? I was going to look for a pack of those. I still love the look of satin ribbons, but those bands do seem really practical when one is in a hurry! Sounds like they would treat a deck gently and hold securely.

Debra

If you really want the experience of opening a present when you go to your deck, keep it in a box. Like the box it came in.

lark

greatdane said:
No Ouches? I was going to look for a pack of those. I still love the look of satin ribbons, but those bands do seem really practical when one is in a hurry! Sounds like they would treat a deck gently and hold securely.
I'll check at the store and get you the exact brand name...I don't have the packaging anymore.

Cerulean

Oh, thanks! So the silky floss is cotton!

Well, that helps, as now I don't have the problem of 'wasting silk'.

Off to wrestle with my knotty cotton floss and weaving, so I can make my knots tidy and wrestle a few slippery decks waterfalling into well-stacked submission....

And I'll start mentally gathering satiny ribbons of blue, green and silvery gray for favoritism...

Knotty but knice,

Cerulean
eyeing satin for bonding with her well-bedded deck

P.S. Red-white-blue is would be great for a Fourth of July deck; green and red for Xmas...

greatdane

Oh, Thanks, Lark!

Edit: Lark, could they be the Goody brand called Ouchless?

GD

greatdane

Theory vs. Reality

OK, I can see where the bands would come in handy. Just tied a deck with a beautiful satin ribbon because the bag it was in was pretty big and the cards were sliding. Looks lovely, but kind of a pain every time you have to rewrap. I can see it would be much easier with Lark's bands!

lark

greatdane said:
Edit: Lark, could they be the Goody brand called Ouchless?

GD
They might be Goody brand...I actually have quite a collection of different no-ouch bands...and I know some are Goody no-ouch.
Some have elastic woven in the fabric and over time they strech out.
But the ones I like best are like a rolled band of strechy fabric...those are the ones I'll get you the brand name of...but try the Goody brand and see how you like them.
They are usually around 3 bucks a package and you get a lot of them for that price so experimenting with different brands is definitly do-able.
This is actually the best system I've found for keeping the decks from sliding around in the bags.

I make my own bags, and I have a big collection, and they all have their own bag so had to find a solution.
If I had all the money in the world I'd outfit every deck up in a Tarot Totes padded case...love those...but so far only my Greenwood has the pleasure of living in one of those.

greatdane

Found something that works!

You know those little dress socks that are kind of slinky women (or men) can wear under dressy pants that come to just a bit above the ankle? Well, I just put a deck in one and it holds it perfectly! As it's like a tube closed at one end (no definable heel, not shaped like a sock), it looks really good! AND holds the deck securely so I can now just put in any case I want and it won't move around! EUREKA!