Umbrae

Gavriela

Are you referring to the BoT or the Grand? I have been keeping an eye out for both of them, actually!

Umbrae

The Dussere version is of the Grand Etteilla.

A lovely bit of overlooked history.

RubyV

Umbrae said:
I recommend you don’t take up knitting. Get a Balbi.

I just took a look at the Balbi, and I"m in love. Spanish titles, funky art, and non scenic pips. I don't have any non scenic pips in my collection, and I've always wanted a deck with Spanish titles.

Why did it have to be OOP? A hunting I go at my local used bookstores (who often carry used decks).

Thank you!

Bernice

Salutations Umbrae,

You 'gave' me the Soul Cards (1) - a while back.
Well, I've mulled over them, mused over them, squinted sideways at them and finally managed to 'name' about 92% of them. Then asked others for their opinions.

Seems that they are love/hate cards, no middle-of-the-road responses, and additionally I fall into the 'not-connecting' half. Is it remotely possible that they arn't for me? Maybe God was looking the other way - probably had better things to do........?

Bee :)

Anam Cara

Umbrae said:
You should be terrified. We’ve been waiting for you. 78 pieces of art. That’s not asking a lot from you. Just 78 bits of art, each on an open ended subject. And not “Sixth grade Art”. You know what we’re looking for.

It’s inside you, bashing itself against the iron bars of its cage screaming to be let out!

So let it out before it becomes more injured!

What do you mean you don’t know where to start? Try this. If River Tam WERE to use a deck, or if decks were available in her time, what would it look like?

Wow.... I know (I THINK I know!) this thread is all in fun, but...
your reply gave me goosebumps, Umbrae!

I have been thinking about my decks (3!) for a while now...
I'm sure you're right it's high time to start at least one...
if not now, then when?!?!?!

Embarassed to admit, I did not know who River Tam was,
but I have an idea now...
and I've added a movie to my Netflix list.

Thank you, thank you, THANK you for your answer...
I'll let you know what transpires...
this may just be the kick in the pants I've been needing! ;)
:heart::heart::heart:cara

stefficus

nooo, cara, wait! don't just watch serenity... get the firefly series first! it is ALL the awesome, that right there is, and it'll give you a better feel for river overall. plus it makes certain plot points of the movie pack more punch.

trust me. :D

Anam Cara

Ok! Thanks stefficus!
~~~...switches screens to update her Netflix list. Again. ;)...~~~
:heart:cara

Umbrae

anam_chara said:
Wow.... I know (I THINK I know!) this thread is all in fun, but...
your reply gave me goosebumps, Umbrae!
For fun? Really? Nobody told me. Each 'suggestion' is the result of a reading. If someone had told me it was fun, it would have taken a ton of pressure off me (LOL).
And yes - rent Firefly first, Serenity second.
Bernice said:
Salutations Umbrae,

You 'gave' me the Soul Cards (1) - a while back.
Well, I've mulled over them, mused over them, squinted sideways at them and finally managed to 'name' about 92% of them. Then asked others for their opinions.

Seems that they are love/hate cards, no middle-of-the-road responses, and additionally I fall into the 'not-connecting' half. Is it remotely possible that they arn't for me? Maybe God was looking the other way - probably had better things to do........?

Bee :)
Uh...the problem is, you began to name the cards. Soul Cards do not come with a little white book for a reason. You're not supposed to have 'static meanings' (or names) for each of the cards. They change. They are different with each throw...and that's part of the lesson you're supposed to learn. To NOT put things into boxes and pigeon holes...but allow them to breath and change and yes - seemingly confuse you from time to time...

You didn't get that reading result for nothing.

Remember folks, this ain't fun, this ain't cute...

Umbrae

and you know folks, I've been thinking about this - I really want to close this thread.

I'm kinda done with it...

Gavriela

Then I thank you for being so gracious in keeping it going for so long.

You recommended a deck to me a year ago, which I tracked down. It was a mind-blowing experience in a way you probably couldn't even conceive of - but it was A Very Important Thing.

And I'll definitely keep an eye out for the Dusserre Etteilla - though that one, I think, may have a more traditional mind blowing effect.

I kid you not about the first one. The coincidence meter must've blown 16 gaskets.