Very Annoying Tarot Purchase Cancellation

Sinduction

I've been trying to get rid of that set for ages!

I can't imagine anyone paying $200 for it. Well, maybe to cover shipping since the thing weighs a ton. :D

littlethings

Just an fyi if you buy this from Barnes and Noble. They have a 20% off one item coupon code, so if this is the most expensive eligible item in your order, you can use it. It's on the main page of the B & N website. :)

VGimlet

Hmm, I may have to go over to Barnes and Noble and see what they have....
or maybe just order one from Tarot Garden.

Well, disappointing that it's happened to others, and I am going to complain to half.com. NOT cool.

VGimlet

Oh, and there is no way I am paying 200 dollars for it. :p

Even 33 pounds seems a bit much to me.

thorhammer

VGimlet said:
Early this week I realized one of the "color your own" tarot decks looked like it was going out of print - "My Tarot", the one by Sharmen...

Since it was on my wanted list I looked it up on half.com, and found a copy still available at the remainder price (14.00 or something, which was the average up until a month ago, including on Amazon) from a VERY well known seller.

Imagine my surprised and anger this morning when I found out that this seller CANCELLED MY ORDER, and JACKED UP THE PRICE to over 200 dollars more!!!!

Bogus!!!!!

It is still showing available but out of stock from Amazon, so I re-ordered it from them. GRRRR!
This has happened to me, too, from Book Depository regarding the Touchstone Tarot. It is very dodgy and makes me totally infuriated because there's nothing you can do about it!!!!

maggots.

\m/ Kat

emmsma

This happened to me about a year ago with a Gypsy Fortunes deck set. Amazon marketplace.

Storm82

this has happen to me to, and as you said : there is nothing you can do about it!
hoping for Karma

Aerin

Seeker*13* said:
Exact same thing happened to me with the Bookdepository last year. They cancelled my order, and then asked twice as much for it.I hate when that happens.

They did that to me too. Now I tend to order via amazon if I can.

Against my better judgement I just pre-ordered a deck from them ... they have money and are now saying they don't know when they can deliver.

Regarding this deck, it isn't worth more than the list price, it really isn't. Especially when someone has coloured the cards badly (yes, that would be me).

SunChariot

That to me is immoral. Once you make a deal with someone you have to keep it. A purchase once the person has paid is a deal. Even if you find out afterwards that you can get much more money, you have to suck it up and honour the deal that you made.

Sometimes you'll make a mistake, but it can't be all about money. You have to have moral values and standards too.

Babs

VGimlet

SunChariot said:
That to me is immoral. Once you make a deal with someone you have to keep it. A purchase once the person has paid is a deal. Even if you find out afterwards that you can get much more money, you have to suck it up and honour the deal that you made.

Sometimes you'll make a mistake, but it can't be all about money. You have to have moral values and standards too.

Babs

Yep, that was the reason I was so peeved. It would be ONE thing if they were to write and say - oops, deck was sold. But to do that and re-list it the same day....CHEEEEEZY! :p

I just got notified by Amazon that mine is coming soon. At below list price. So, Phhht to those cheesy sellers.