What book(s) are you currently reading?

suedally

Working my way through Rachel Pollack's Tarot Wisdom - Spiritual Teachings and Deeper Meanings. The book has so much information and is so interesting. I am taking my time with it as there is lots to absorb, but it's well worth the read and will be going back to it time and time again.

Tiddles

I am new to the Tarot, and am reading beginner-ish books. The Tarot Bible by Sarah Bartlett; Tarot 101: Mastering the Art of Reading the Cards by Kim Huggens; a free online book/ course that I really love called Learning the Tarot by Joan Budding; and The Symbolism of the Tarot by PD Ouspensky ( haven't read very much of this one, so don't know if I'd recommend it, but it was only $1 on kindle, and is nice to read on the subway).

cardlady22

Tarot and the Tree of Life: Finding Everyday Wisdom in the Minor Arcana by Isabel Kliegman

The Vitruvian Square - A Handbook Of Divination Discoveries by Scott Grossberg

Tarot of Prague companion book by Karen Mahony

Tibor

Phantasmagoria by Ian Daniels,
Andromeda Klein
Tarot your everyday guide

RexMalaki

I am new to the Tarot, and am reading beginner-ish books. The Tarot Bible by Sarah Bartlett; Tarot 101: Mastering the Art of Reading the Cards by Kim Huggens; a free online book/ course that I really love called Learning the Tarot by Joan Budding; and The Symbolism of the Tarot by PD Ouspensky ( haven't read very much of this one, so don't know if I'd recommend it, but it was only $1 on kindle, and is nice to read on the subway).

"The Symbolism of the Tarot" is chapter 5 in Ouspensky's book "A New Model Of The Universe" lifted out and published separate. Read the whole book to get the context, but that being said...

I recommend any of Ouspensky's work, especially "In Search of the Miraculous"...

If I were just starting to learn Tarot I wish I access to "The Process" of reading Tarot by Umbrae:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=10772

The audio version at Tarot Garden or Tarot Connection is really good. It helped me immeasurably!

oh...almost forgot...I am currently reading: "Aleister Crowley and the Practice of the Magical Diary". The journaling practices it talks about are going to really help my Tarot studies.

WyrdRaven

Right now I'm in the middle of The Chicken Qabalah of Rabbi Lamed Ben Clifford by Lon Milo Duquette. What a great read! I can hardly wait till I get to the Chicken Tarot chapter.

mac22

Right now I'm in the middle of The Chicken Qabalah of Rabbi Lamed Ben Clifford by Lon Milo Duquette. What a great read! I can hardly wait till I get to the Chicken Tarot chapter.

It's a great read :)

Mac22

Tiddles

"The Symbolism of the Tarot" is chapter 5 in Ouspensky's book "A New Model Of The Universe" lifted out and published separate. Read the whole book to get the context, but that being said...

I recommend any of Ouspensky's work, especially "In Search of the Miraculous"...

If I were just starting to learn Tarot I wish I access to "The Process" of reading Tarot by Umbrae:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=10772

The audio version at Tarot Garden or Tarot Connection is really good. It helped me immeasurably!

oh...almost forgot...I am currently reading: "Aleister Crowley and the Practice of the Magical Diary". The journaling practices it talks about are going to really help my Tarot studies.

Thank you for clarifying that, and for the recommendations! I will put "A New Model of the Universe"on a wish list for a few months from now as I have my hands full with reading atm, AND it's 545 pages and then there's the problem of my ADD; it sounds good from the reviews.
Per your recommendation, I just started reading " The Process". It seems like a good addition to what I'm currently reading to have his completely different take on learning Tarot, but he seems like he was a natural, and has psychic abilities as well. I tend to get analytical, so I think this will help me get past that.

RexMalaki

Thank you for clarifying that, and for the recommendations! I will put "A New Model of the Universe"on a wish list for a few months from now as I have my hands full with reading atm, AND it's 545 pages and then there's the problem of my ADD; it sounds good from the reviews.
Per your recommendation, I just started reading " The Process". It seems like a good addition to what I'm currently reading to have his completely different take on learning Tarot, but he seems like he was a natural, and has psychic abilities as well. I tend to get analytical, so I think this will help me get past that.

Glad you liked The Process threads...the MP3 set goes into WAY more detail!

Ouspensky is a mathematician, like me, and I tend to be analytic, and struggle to let go and just read Tarot..

I'm Reading "Tarot Diva" by Sasha Graham, and I think some of her techniques could also help us analytic types to let go...btw...it's not just for girls, lol! Glad to be of help!!!

Anam Cara

I love a good ghost story, especially this time of year,
and I'm currently reading a great one;
The Secret of Crickley Hall by James Herbert.

Also, I'm re-reading The Spiral Dance by Starhawk...
never get tired of it.

:heart:Cara