What deck are you using now?

firefrost

srivana, if you contact AG Muller (Sweden) and ask them if you can purchase one from them they will send you a copy free of charge.

They did for me a few months ago, anyway.

Hils :)

Enchanted

The Victorian Romantic for readings. I've had it for a few weeks now and it's fast becoming my favourite deck at the moment.

The Renaissance Tarot by Lyle/Jones for study.

magpie9

sravana said:
Wow. I wonder if they'd do that to the US?
Now I just have to find the time to asking them. :)
Even if they charged you shipping, it would be a deal--you're unlikely to filnd it used for less than $10. +shipping in the USA.

Tuwikaa

I use various decks....depending on the situation and if I am doing a reading for someone else or myself.......I am in a study group that is using the Rider Tarot.

raventepes

starrystarrynight said:
Since I received it as a Christmas gift, I've been using Joseph Ernest Martin's Quest Tarot almost exclusively. Beyond the artwork's symbolisms (which I'm not completely drawn to), there is a ton of information on each card, and I learn something new everyday with this deck.

I can't say what it is about the Quest Tarot because, as I said, I don't really love the artwork, nor do I agree with everything he has written about each card in his accompanying book, The Compass. But I get some banging readings when I use it, so I'll probably stay with it awhile longer. :)

The Quest is my primary reading deck as well. It's not so much as the art that gets to me. it's the detail of the readings and the ability to read with them at a highly intuitive level. I RARELY anything else on that deck. I just look at the pretty picture and tell my sitter what I see. I don't bother with the I Ching or the stones or runes or anything. But one thing that I've deffinitely noticed about the Quest is that it's no nonsence. It tells it how it is, and there's not a whole lot of reading between the lines. And it IS a really powerful deck. One of the best decks patterened after the Thoth that I've seen ( I love Thoth-type decks...wish there were more of them).

Vesper

sravana said:
Hmmm, evelone - now you've got me thinking of pulling out the Cosmic Tribe for a go! Talk about breasts! (and other parts...)

Seriously, I've been using MAAT, Golden, and attempting to learn the Ironwing. But Cosmic Tribe could be fun... for a fling!

Okay, now I've got myself thinking about my anti-breast stance. Maybe the energies they represent (warmth, nature, sensuality, freedom, innocence, generosity, nurturing, etc etc) have been too long absent from my readings.

Cosmic Tribe, you say...? Hie me to the De-Enabling thread!

Cerulean

Alternating between a few...

For soft grins, have the Mystic Faerie from Llewellyn. A relaxing deck for me, summer moods and lightness.

Daily and "quick-draw-mcGraw" looks...oh, I've been using an older playing-card size 78 card Renaissance Tarot by Giorgio Trevisan...its pretty enough that if someone were to peek over my shoulder, they'd see soft watercolors and gentle images..and yet there is a quirky lightness and versatile feel that I like about it. This is the Lo Scarabeo version.

If I need a deeper look or a mood swing, I'll pull out the Magical Realist Press Fairy Tales tarot. Seems to be the one most consistently evocative for me. I even was able to 'spell' myself into a more cheery mood by picking a card that had the seven dwarves peering at the sleeping beauty and humming "heigh-ho" at a break from working...A curious choice for me, but it is seemingly perfect for my summer moods.

Cerulean

raheli

I'm using the gummi tarot currently, I love the fun, narrative readings that such a simple deck gives me, sometimes i get lost in all the symbols and meanings that other more detailed decks are trying to send through!