What do you love about the Bohemian Gothic?

Dusk Till Dawn

I love everything about it! I wish I had grabbed the Kit, when I had the chance. Maybe one day I get the opportunity again, to get it.

nicole_

Seeker*13* said:
I love everything about it! I wish I had grabbed the Kit, when I had the chance. Maybe one day I get the opportunity again, to get it.

Let me point you to Spiritguide. They should still have some but I would hurry if I was looking for one at a reasonable price.

harmony1985

swimming in tarot said:
Harmony, I know you have the Victorian Romantic, so I'm sure you'll love the Bohemian Gothic. They don't call it the Dark Sister for nothing! Although I haven't done a reading with this yet, just a deck interview, I have been studying mine since I got it some weeks ago. I don't have the book either, but there are so many ways to look into the card with your own two eyes that you can have a very rich storytelling experience with them all the same. Get a magnifying glass out, or scan the cards to blow them up (despeckled); you'll be amazed at the amount of detail that just keeps adding to the story-behind-the-story. As in, "what's wrong with this picture?"; psychologically, I mean, certainly not artistically or technically! There's also a study thread on AT, which I have followed with profit. It would be lovely to see you there, if you were interested!

I find this deck really deepens my understanding of shadow meanings. I might hesitate to read with this deck unless I was trying to flush out the roots of something that was making me depressed or anxious, in which case I'd probably reach for it first; but if I were to get reversed cards while reading with another deck (particularly the VR, which I've ordered, direct thanks to your reading for me with it!) I would reference those cards in the Bohemian Gothic for the psychological depths that I am still learning to plumb.

If, for some reason, you don't connect with the cards in spite of your best efforts, do make sure they get a good home! I am so glad you didn't ask for de-enabling on this deck! :D

ETA: I see the images best with good, cool, white light: daylight, reflecting-off-snow light. Once one is familiar with the cards, perhaps candle light, but I find the warmth even of incandescent light dulls the coolness and details if you are trying to study the cards themselves.

Hi swimming in tarot
I have been lurking on the study group thread reading what everyone is writing and when i receive them i'll be there! I wish they'd come today lol......
I dont use reversals but i'd like to, and these cards will help me understand the shadow meanings so that in future i'll have more to draw on using revrsals.
Hooray for buying the VR :) i hope it comes quickly for you!

Essjay

Floss said:
I've JUST got these in the mail tonight - fantastic! I would have to be the most UN-gothic type person in the world, but for some reason a couple of months ago when I saw them online, I became completely fascinated. I'm now having weird notions of getting the Victorian Romantic and somehow combining the two decks to get a balance of light and dark ... ?? (Whoever heard of reading with two decks at the same time ??? !!

They are very beautiful though - extremely evocative ....

This is a great idea. I don't combine the two decks but often consult the VR and then turn to the BG - it's like consulting two sides of the same coin. I find myself thinking when I shuffle the BG, "and what do you think then?" I find that you can find a deeper meaning on an issue, and sometimes the BG will present you with some off the wall insights that you would have never considered.

The BG is my favourite deck....completely.

I love its eerie atmosphere, the turrets and ruined archways, the fallen women and the demon children. I love that it is dark, I mean literally dark, with flashes of colour and that you can look and look but still be surprised by something in a reading.

Quite simply a work of art.

harmony1985

Essjay said:
This is a great idea. I don't combine the two decks but often consult the VR and then turn to the BG - it's like consulting two sides of the same coin. I find myself thinking when I shuffle the BG, "and what do you think then?" I find that you can find a deeper meaning on an issue, and sometimes the BG will present you with some off the wall insights that you would have never considered.

Can't wait to try this!! Brilliant idea. Thanks essjay and floss!

avalonian

In addition to anything previously mentioned here.....

The Strength Card. I could look at it for days!

:) :) :)

Aerin

Strength yes. And the World for me too.

I have bags.

With them on.

As well.

Aerin x

la-luna

what I think and how I feel about it could best be summed up in this: it's archetypical not stereotypical
(well at least thats how I feel about the BGT)