What got you into Tarot.

gareth.

For me it was my divorce 3 years ago.It was a harsh January after a spiralling December.Some friends suggested I visited a woman who lived in a village on the moors. She was also a medium. I had never considered consulting a fortune teller but no kidding there was mist as I drove up there and the unreality of my seperation became more fictional in its happening.
It got worse as she lived in a house but did her readings in a caravan in the back garden,warmed by a calor gas fire in the smallest of spaces on a small table. She dealt the cards and spoke of others in the caravan sharing our space and speaking to her.She very accurately told me something about another I never suspected. She identified those who advised her. She got it wrong when she spoke of my future but I suspect she was influenced by what she secretly heard.
Well it triggered my interest. I did my own readings,
I read for others.....
I actually began to like the artwork most of all.
When your own life gets busy its sometimes difficult to keep the same attachment to the cards.
Now they are old friends and like old friends you can relax and see them every so often and still feel comfortable.
So what may have started your Tarot Story and has it reached an end? I think probably not if you are still on Site.....

Ace

I guess I got into it because it was too much FUN not to!
Ace

blackroseivy

When I was 12 years old, my sister received a RWS for Xmas from our weird uncle. I was more interested in it than she was - & continued to study it until I had my own Aquarian Tarot at the age of 19 (now 39).

Emeraldgirl

I got into it when I was in grade 6 and I had a friend who's mum was a little bit "strange" to all the kiddies. She was a pagan and into tarot and as I was actually interested (as opposed to her kids who were embarassed cause they wanted a milk and cookies mum) So she taught me a bit and got me my first deck (The Mythic). Then our family moved away and we lost contact but I kept up with tarot although during my teenage years it was mainly "does he love me" type questions and as I grew out of that and here I am :) A bit more grown up and taking it all a bit more seriously now.

stella01904

MM ~ An ad in a magazine in 1972: "Join the Mystic Arts book club and get your FREE tarot deck!" There were no Witch shops, no New Age sections in the bookstores - just a little section with astrology books and the like. I'd always wanted to be the Gypsy Lady with the cards and the crystal but there was just nothing available. Until I saw that ad. :) BB, Stella

WalesWoman

The man I'm currently with had a hissy fit, because I had a hissy fit, and ran away from home, never to return, for a month around 3 years ago.

I decided I wanted to learn to read Tarot because I wasn't "getting" computer generated free reading site's readings and did Google searches for free sites that offered Tarot lessons.

So every cloud comes with a silver lining... we got our differences figured out enough to try again and I got to discover the world of Tarot.

PlatinumDove

I joined an online coven, and one of the lessons was the Tarot. I bought the Witches Tarot by Reed, and from then I've been hooked on it.

light2000

What get me into the tarot was found the tarot cards on the street when i was 8 years old.

I was at one bus stop, and there was a forgoten bag, that had a tarot deck and a book.

I started tarot becasue of this.

MercyMe

I don't know, really. I just started looking into it during a really unsettling time in my life when it seemed I had no clue what was what. Probably looking for some assurance of something. I've always been interested in the metaphysical, and I was getting in touch with my inner gypsy at the time, soooo I took a deep breath and bought my first deck, Universal Waite. I read as much as I could online, bought a book...and just...couldn't...stop. :)

~Mercy

Cerulean

Curious...and a class...

Just for fun art sake, my sister and I shared the Ukiyoe Tarot as an art pick. I saw a two-evening class advertised in bookshop. Twenty people attended, all with different decks. The class was simply discussing the major arcana one night and the minors another night.

Everyone who attended brought different decks for different reasons. I was very interested in seeing different art decks.

Over time, I found internet discussion sites where people liked to talk about the different art decks...and the way they used their decks. The ideas are great and fun for me.

Regards,

Cerulean