Why would you want to know if some one is gay?

ArcanoMáximo

Ahá! Different styles then!

For sure i'll not wait that the querent ask me if the cards, for example, are showing me that her husband is sleeping with another person, specially if is a "He" and not a "She", and vice verse.
I think that Tarot must to have a very important reason to show me that and i consider my duty say it to the querent.
I don't believe Tarot work just by the client curiosity, and even so, for sure the client has the right of ask and isn't me who will judge his/her interests to do it, if tarot answer I suppose must be relevant.
Most of times i don't even under value the "curiosity reason" in this work, and for sure my personal position is ever behind the Tarot's judgment.

Moongold

ArcanoMáximo said:
Ahá! Different styles then!

For sure i'll not wait that the querent ask me if the cards, for example, are showing me that her husband is sleeping with another person, specially if is a "He" and not a "She", and vice verse.

Hi ArcanoMaximo ~

Just from curiosity, how could one be certain that the cards were saying that her husband was sleeping with another man?

The court cards can refer equally to men and women, because they can represent qualities as much as people. And every human being has both anima and animum - male and female energies. The Knight of Swords, for example, could refer to a very ordered, strong and eloquent woman :).

Moongold

gregory

Moongold said:
Because society is predominently heterosexual it is easy to make assumptions about another's sexuality. And it is not surprising that some heterosexual people feel uncomfortable dealing with anything different.

It would be wonderful to have a society where people expect and welcome diversity and therefore would feel comfortable using non-gendered language or in simply asking for clarification if they think it is important. There are ways of doing this which are not offensive. I think that is what we should aim for.

Moongold
Exactly, Moongold - you say these things so much better than anyone else.

Moongold said:
Just from curiosity, how could one be certain that the cards were saying that her husband was sleeping with another man?

The court cards can refer equally to men and women, because they can represent qualities as much as people. And every human being has both anima and animum - male and female energies. The Knight of Swords, for example, could refer to a very ordered, strong and eloquent woman.
And again - well said. That is exactly what I meant - the cards are non-sexist/non-judgmental - I can't think of a word for "non-sexuality-oriented", but I have a feeling Moongold could. I get very tired of everything being defined in terms of people's sexuality, which is in any case very often fairly fluid. People are people. Relationships are relationships. Infidelity is infidelity. It is, as Moongold says, the qualities that the cards tell us about.

silmarillion

why single a person out and make assumptions about them because of their sexuality? when talking about somebodies lovelife its best to use the third person ie dont be gender specific unless the querent brings it up as an issue

WhiteRaven

I also totally agree with MoonGold's statements...
:)

ArcanoMáximo

double post,
MeeWah, Marion or Sulis,
please delete this!
Thanks!

ArcanoMáximo

Moongold said:
The court cards can refer equally to men and women, because they can represent qualities as much as people. And every human being has both anima and animum - male and female energies. The Knight of Swords, for example, could refer to a very ordered, strong and eloquent woman
CURIOSITY is one of the stuffs from the bag of The Fool.
What a sacred virtue!
Eve bite the fruit of the "Tree of Good and Bad" and the world start to walk!
So, Moongold, do you want an apple? }) :D
I'm not sure if is appropriate explain this here, but for sure closrapexa will excuse our parenthesis.
And yes, I agree with you, but the principle of polarity in the Universe is as real as of oscillation too. That's why we at least, for example, have in the physical world an appearance masculine or feminine.
And how to see what I'm saying in a reading?
Well, let say that depending of the spread and questions or type of reading for sure there isn't only one combination of cards, you know.
But for me this may be some with the Celtic Cross:

"Your husband has an affair, and is with some one of his own gender"

*****************4 cups ***************************The Tower

***5 wands****3 swords/9 swords**** 3 pentacles *******Justice

****************The Moon***************************7 swords

**************************************************Hanged Man

In this example the cards that say me that is happening with another man/men are the 5 wands, The Moon and 3 pentacles. In the past might had been just a prove or game, but with 3 pentacles is confirmed (pents. for me always confirm things).
Note that there are not even just only one court card. But there are 4 Mayor Arcana.
The wife don't know it or don't want to know it, but the Tarot is warning her to see the thing as they are cause the overcome will be inevitable, and she isn't guilt.
This is one of those i have registered in my "agenda/diary" and after confirmed for the woman, very thanked for the advice even when she didn't spare The Tower, but felt no quilt. She was not having sex for months but even feeling pain by the rejection, she was thinking will be temporary, and especially worried by the kids and her economic situation.

This is just only one of those, but I have had many mores and very different too, but with the same topic behind.
Thanks for your interest Moongold :)!

Moongold

Dear ArcanoMaximo ~

Thank you for the example. I can see how you may have reached your conclusion in the reading that you post in entirety. You have also added context to the reading with additional information i.e. there has been no sex in the marriage for some time.

One of the challenges of discussions like this is that readings are very layered and complex. A conclusion that a person is male cannot always adequately be reached by implying simply that Knights equate with "male" or other equally simple correlations.

A reading on a relationship would take into account all the other cards, the context of the question and the cues the reader would pick up from the querent. It may also take into account cultural norms.

I don't want to repeat anything I have said earlier.

Moongold

Asenath

ArcanoMáximo's post just flipped how I understood this question. What if the sitter didn't ask that specific question, but you could provide that specific answer. Maybe knowing that the husband is having an affair with a man will help her to pinpoint the "other" person and help her to figure out who he has specifically been spending his time with?