Witchy Tarot - Wheel

xhollysue

I love how the LWB says for this card "opportunity to be seized" - hee hee hee.

Ok, so it looks like to me, brown-haired witch is just walking along, minding her own business, and blonde witch happens to already be climbing the elderberry tree. This is it! She can dive out of the tree and just scare the bejeezus out of brown-haired witch. It's a split-second decision - will she seize the opportunity or not!?!?

I think the Wheel of Fortune card in general can teach us that windows of opportunity are constantly opening and closing. If we don't take the opportunity now, or today, it may be gone tomorrow. There's no time for hesitation when the moment is pure.

I think that's why the owl is there. The Wise Old Owl came and told blonde witch that brown-haired witch was about to walk by. Why would he do that? Why would the wise owl, our intuitive friend, inspire us to prank? To harrass? Well, maybe brown-haired witch needed a wake-up call! Maybe she was in a bad mood and needed to be cheered up with some spontaneity.

The point is that when a true opportunity comes us, even if it seems ridiculous, if we feel the presence of Owl there - the presence of intuition, wisdom, quiet guidance - we need to take it! No matter what!

Kind of like in a reading. Sometimes intuition will tell us to say the weirdest things in our readings - but for all we know it's exactly what the querent needs to hear! Do we trust, and seize the opportunity, or do we let it walk by and disappear?

xhollysue

Oh, wait - I forgot about the snake. Snake is a symbol for rebirth. So the way I see it, snake tells us that this rough-and-tumble that's thrust upon brunette witch is her opportunity to get a fresh start on the moment, in her life, maybe in her realtionship with blonde witch. With whatever - it's just an opportunity for a fresh start.

In life, sometimes we're the jumpers, and sometimes we're the ones that get jumped! Does the message of the Wheel get any more literal than that?!?!? Ha ha ha.