World+7 Pents+ Star

OhHiHelloYes

I drew a 3 card past/present/future spread and asked about the possibility of reconnecting with someone. We had feelings for each other and never acted on them because we weren't in a place to. Now we are, so I was curious.

To me this spread suggests that while things beyond our control kept us apart in the past (world) that in due time the feelings we've nurtured (7 pents) will bear fruit and to keep the faith (star).

It's also worth noting for context that this person is a working actor who would like to be a rising star. I know the star can sometimes be false hope, but I couldn't ignore his career choice as being represented by the star.

If you have any insight, please share? I'm still new to this and learning how to read cards together instead of individually.

littlestar

I would read this to mean the world indicates a completion or ending of a cycle between the two of you, hence ending of the 'relationship' that was shared, the present 7 of pentacles indicates weighing up options, is it better to stay where they are or to reach out and see where too from here, it's really about weighing possibilities at this stage and whilst the star is one of having faith it can also be one of wishful thinking.
These cards have a positive feel to them but they lack action, there seems to be no swords indicating thought of contact and no wands carrying any action forward.
That's just my interpretation.

OhHiHelloYes

I would read this to mean the world indicates a completion or ending of a cycle between the two of you, hence ending of the 'relationship' that was shared, the present 7 of pentacles indicates weighing up options, is it better to stay where they are or to reach out and see where too from here, it's really about weighing possibilities at this stage and whilst the star is one of having faith it can also be one of wishful thinking.
These cards have a positive feel to them but they lack action, there seems to be no swords indicating thought of contact and no wands carrying any action forward.
That's just my interpretation.

That could be, you're right that doesn't look active. Do you think it would be worthwhile to do a spread asking what action should be taken? Or if action should be taken at all?

littlestar

That could be, you're right that doesn't look active. Do you think it would be worthwhile to do a spread asking what action should be taken? Or if action should be taken at all?

You can ask what action can be taken on your part. Asking if action could should be taken is giving up your power/freewill.

DEEISME

My 2 cents worth :)

Will you reconnect with this person?
World+7 Pents+ Star

The World in the "past" Position:This was kind of the relationship of your dreams, but you didnt move forward to the next phase back then

& 7 of Pents at present is saying think things over negatives and positives as its make or break time, as you will get out of this relationship what you put into it...

The Star in the future says it has the possibilities to be a great love!!!

also 2 major arcana there, mean its a big deal too...
ps/ did he feel a bit let down when it didnt happen the first time around? World & 7 pents can say that...(combo)

OhHiHelloYes

Will you reconnect with this person?
World+7 Pents+ Star

The World in the "past" Position:This was kind of the relationship of your dreams, but you didnt move forward to the next phase back then

& 7 of Pents at present is saying think things over negatives and positives as its make or break time, as you will get out of this relationship what you put into it...

The Star in the future says it has the possibilities to be a great love!!!

also 2 major arcana there, mean its a big deal too...
ps/ did he feel a bit let down when it didnt happen the first time around? World & 7 pents can say that...(combo)

We both were let down. At the time I had just started seeing someone else and wanted to see where that went. He didn't know this because it was still very new. He expressed his feelings for me the night I was to go out with the new person on an official first date. It wasn't that I had no feelings for him, it was just bad timing.

Thank you for this interpretation!

EmpyreanKnight

You had a thing that could have been great it it materialized (The World). Right now, you're assessing and weighing the things that transpired, how you came to this situation, and ultimately, what you truly desire to happen (7 of Pentacles). Did waiting for the right time mean that you ultimately missed the train? In the future, you still hold out some hope that something would blossom between the two of you. Whether that will take hold, the cards did not really say.

DEEISME

We both were let down. At the time I had just started seeing someone else and wanted to see where that went. He didn't know this because it was still very new. He expressed his feelings for me the night I was to go out with the new person on an official first date. It wasn't that I had no feelings for him, it was just bad timing.

Thank you for this interpretation!

LIke that old song from the late 70's :

"Hold the Line! Love Isn't Always On Time" :)

Curious1

The past is completed and come full circle so there isn't any "unfinished business" to carry over into the present. The present shows a current reevaluation of the way things stand now and what, if anything, needs to be done. And the Star as the future indicates that as much as you hope things will go a certain way, it is just that, hope ie. "wishing on a star".

OhHiHelloYes

You had a thing that could have been great it it materialized (The World). Right now, you're assessing and weighing the things that transpired, how you came to this situation, and ultimately, what you truly desire to happen (7 of Pentacles). Did waiting for the right time mean that you ultimately missed the train? In the future, you still hold out some hope that something would blossom between the two of you. Whether that will take hold, the cards did not really say.

Thank you for this! It's definitely true that I've been wondering "what if" a lot. There was something thing there and it had potential to be great.

I should also note that he is an actor who has been able to "star" in a few roles. I think the star could possibly either be connected to that or represent him possibly.