World spirit tarot...what do u think?

sarahbellum

Lately I have gotten pickier about Tarot decks. If there are more than two or three cards that creep me out, then I retire the deck as an actual reading one, and pull out the cards I like so I can use them as Art: I may put them in a frame and hang them on the wall, or use the cards in a collage. World Spirit has more cards that creep me out than any deck I own, especially the guy wearing a vest and no pants, watching some children playing--eww! Shades of Michael Jackson! Also, there is just way too much pubic hair as a theme. I have no problem with nudity, but I hate having to hide a deck when my nieces and nephews come over. And this may be just me, but an awful lot of the minors have a kind of "in-group" feel to them: they are portraits of specific people the artists know in real life, but I don't know them and feel like I've been left out of the joke.

But there are several extraordinarily gorgeous cards too. That's why I hit on the cards-as-art idea. Right now the framed Strength card is sitting on my kitchen windowsill, aka altar, next to a rainbow candle and a statue of Quan Yin. Sure makes washing dishes a whole new experience.
-Sarah

Sulis

I have no problem with nudity, but I hate having to hide a deck when my nieces and nephews come over.

It's strange isn't it how different people react differently to things? My daughter, who's 5 now has played with this deck since she was 3 - she loves sorting the cards into the different suits. The nudity has never bothered me, or made me want to hide the deck away from her - I don't find the man meditating on the 10 of Pentacles wierd at all.
As for pubic hair - it bothers me more when artists leave it out - people have it so I can't see anything wrong with it.

Different strokes for different folks I guess :)

Love

Sulis xx

SongDeva

I used the deck quite a bit today at Borders, with a book called the Two-hour Tarot Tutor. It's a book that teaches you "see what's happening in the card and say it." I was playing around. It was still hard to do for myself. But I think that was me and not the deck. The deck is super pretty!

There were two great familliarization ideas that I did with the deck which brought out a lot I'd missed. It's such a neat deck!

Satori

SongDeva, glad you are liking the deck.
I like the majority of the cards. I love the Star in fact. That card has never bothered me.
The book sounds cool.
I've stopped buying decks now and am enjoying what I have. It is very cool to me to be able to look at the shelf where World Spirit and all the other decks sit and decide who to spend time with. I'm feeling quite happy with my collection. Still small, but loved.

Seed Crystal

You all are aware of the World Spirit Study Group happening in
Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Study Groups > General, right?

I hope you participate, it'd be a pleasure for me to hear what you see in the cards, and your reactions to others' insights and comments.

Flavio

Seed Crystal said:

I already know but had not posted for some time :( shame on me!, I'll work on some cards this weekend to post in current threads.

Satori

I want you all to know that the World Spirit gave me excellent readings at my first Whole Health Expo a few weeks ago. The patterns in the cards were astounding. I was amazed as each reading followed the others and the same cards would come up to show the same thing over and over again. and I was shuffling my hands off too.

The most amazing thing happened for the last 2 reads. A couple. The same court cards came up in both readings to stand for the same people!! No confusion there. If I as a reader couldn't figure that one out boy was I in trouble! But such lies and deception in so many lives.... Huge lessons for me in terms of tarot, reading and people.

Very cool.

Look out for that Knight of Wands....I call him Mr. Sexy. He is trouble, no matter how cute he is, no matter how he smiles, he is trouble.....

RedMaple

Seed Crystal said:

I hope you participate, it'd be a pleasure for me to hear what you see in the cards, and your reactions to others' insights and comments.

I knew but forgot about it also. Could you bump some of the threads, as I couldn't find them when I searched. Thanks.

Alrisha

It's great to see this thread on the first page again. =D

I still love my world spirit deck, but lately I've been spending time learning the Thoth tarot. Too bad the meanings of each card are very different in these 2 decks and I'd have to pick one to stick with for now. :/

Seed Crystal

RedMaple said:
I knew but forgot about it also. Could you bump some of the threads, as I couldn't find them when I searched. Thanks.

Some have been bumped over the last few days; I have found that a search for World Spirit of Titles only usually finds them all, plus more tangengial ones. (If you search Entire Post, the default setting, there are just too many.)