World spirit tarot...what do u think?

tatsi

World Spirit Tarot showcases a wide range of people

The World Spirit Tarot is a wonderful inclusive deck. All shapes and sizes of people young and old are represented. It's multi-enthnic, multi-cultural, even sexual orientation is left vague (e.g. The Lovers card). This deck showcases a wide range of people that I haven't seen in any other deck. This is not a stuffy, PC deck. How could it be? It even features blue people. Yes, you read that right. If you've tried to find a deck without the typical white, thin, beautiful people, this may be your deck.

tatsi

cSpaceDiva

I cannot stop laughing when I see the Sun card because I think it looks just like my friend's husband. See for yourself!

Anyway, I emailed a scan of the card to them because I think it's hilarious, but I guess he didn't think it was all that amusing.

ROFL

Attachments

• Sun.jpg
    Sun.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 97

Satori

That Sun card has been the focus of many a discussion.
I don't care for it much and wish they'd redo it.
It is supposed to be one of the creator's kids.
Just looks weird.
It is also called the baby Nixon card...

RedMaple

Sun Card

Can't find my earlier post on this, but my husband removed the Nixon baby from the Sun Card and made a new card for me. It feels a little different than the rest of the deck -- not the same card stock, and probably could use laminating, but it is not so offensive as the original.

The Star is not my favorite among Star cards, but it doesn't hugely bother me. I'm still in love with the dancer on the roof. My favorite Fool so far.

RedMaple

Chronata

Just got it!!!

I had to bump up this thread because I just aquired this deck. (just on the heels of getting the Light and Shadow, which had a similar, sort of opposite, feel)

I don't get many decks at once...usually about two a year, plus maybe one or two more in trade. This was a wonderful trade deck!

I can't remember when I have been this excited about getting a deck!!!!
(Ok...I can remember ...it was the BB Cats...)

But anyway, this deck is really something. I am absolutely in love.
I love every image of every card (yep! even the Sun and the ten of Pents!)

I have no problems or negative reactions to any of them...in fact many have really opened up meanings for me!

I am totally smitten...I hope this love affair lasts!

I just neded to talk about it because it is so wonderful..and very much taking up all my energy at the moment! Good to see that there are other fans of this deck out there.

I happened to get a used borderless copy...which makes it all that more special to me. I can't even imagine what it was like with the black borders, and the titles. I love the size of it, and the way it feels in my hands, and the wonderful energy that it has from the previous owner, and the original one who took so much time with it.

I have wanted this deck ever since I saw the Magician and the Hanged Man in one of those "which deck is this from?" kind of games.

I had no idea I would be seduced so quickly, though! :)

13thFaeChylde

Chronata I happened to get a used borderless copy...which makes it all that more special to me. I can't even imagine what it was like with the black borders said:
A borderless copy?
Was it hand-trimmed, or did it come this way?

I have the black bordered/titled one.

Chronata

It was hand trimmed.
It is clear that someone spent a lot of time with it...which just makes it extra special to me!

Sulis

Glad you like it Chronata.

The World Spirit was the first deck that I really connected with. Now it's one of those decks that I should use more than I do. It's still one of my main reading decks though and I still love it.

I really like the black borders and the backs of the cards with the hourglass.
My daughter, who's 6 loves playing with it - she likes the way the suits have colour coded borders - she sorts them into suits and then makes up stories with them. I think that one day I'll give it to her.

The Death card has to be my favorite in any deck - that and the Strength card, they're lovely.
These are cards that you can just fall into - the more you look at them, the more you see.

Why not take a look at the study group threads - when someone starts posting it usually spurs others on too (me included :))
Here's a link to the index: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=32647&highlight=world

Enjoy, and may your love affair last :)

Love

Sulis xx

Emeraldgirl

I like them. The seem to being very fun and vibrant looking. I don't own them but I have now added them to my ever growing wishlist.

sacredashes

i just got this deck recenty. i got some readings done online with it a few times and i can relate better with the meanings from the book that comes with it.

it's a great deck and i've found it very helpful especially when i need to understand the situation surrounding the issue rather than just looking at the problem. i tend to just stare at the problem with my universal waite deck.

sound silly, dosn't it?

i really hope you like this deck... :)