World Tarot Day

gregory

T-shirts. I wonder if this is the day to bring out the one that is seriously risky to wear in the UK now - "Ladies Sewing Circle and Terrorist Society..."

nisaba

gregory said:
I might read IN THE BATH, with a towel on the side..... I have a few beach towels with fish on - BABELFISH, of course; the Salmons of Doubt....
Reading in the bath is risky - and strangers can't point and laugh. (of course, SOs can!)

If we're going the Babelfish and Salmons of Doubt for the day, then I'm going to celebrate also by opening a tin of Smoked Suicide Squid! (notice the elegant segue into the land of the Red Dwarf?)

nisaba

gregory said:
T-shirts. I wonder if this is the day to bring out the one that is seriously risky to wear in the UK now - "Ladies Sewing Circle and Terrorist Society..."
Hahahahahahaha! <plonk>

(sound of me laughing my head off)

KSPisces

SO glad to know about both of these!!!

I do believe I will use my towel with Zodiac symbols all over it. I wonder if work would let me observe the holiday by consuming large quantities of beer and peanuts.

Hey... a holiday is a holiday...

It appears May 25th is on a Monday. Thank goodness... I was worried it would be a Thursday. I could never get the hang of Thursdays.

nisaba

Seafra said:
This Calls For A Tarot Towel !!! :D Does anyone know where one might exist?
Oh, oh, oh! How could I have forgotten! I have a beach towel with a hu-u-u-uge Sun on it! It wouldn't take much to spray-paint "XIX" on it ...

nisaba

KSPisces said:
SO glad to know about both of these!!!

I do believe I will use my towel with Zodiac symbols all over it. I wonder if work would let me observe the holiday by consuming large quantities of beer and peanuts.

Hey... a holiday is a holiday...

It appears May 25th is on a Monday. Thank goodness... I was worried it would be a Thursday. I could never get the hang of Thursdays.
<laughter> In honour of Himself I can never get the hang of Thursdays either ... but the day I *really* have a problem is Wednesday.

Wednesday is the pits.

Not so much now, but in the decades I worked a conventional five-day week, I was always most likely to be ill, have an accident, or generally have a really rotten time on Wednesdays. I didn't need a Tarot deck to tell me why, just some elementary maths.

Mondays and Tuesdays you are still reasonably refreshed by the weekend just gone (y'know, you can still remember all the highlights ... sex ... food ...). Thursdays and Fridays you are already anticipating the next weekend and are aware that you don't have long to wait now.

But of all the days, Wednesdays was the day that was furthest away from any weekend, past or future. And no matter what you did, it was always the furthest away.

Wednesday is where the roller-coaster of the week has done its Tuesday plunge to the utter nadir of misery, prior to the slow, difficult Thursday climb to hope.

I am so-o-o glad that World Tarot-Towel Day is falling on a Monday! There are worse alternatives.

stefficus

see, with me, it's tuesdays. i am forever saying i can never get the hang of tuesdays, and forever disappointed when nobody corrects me. :(

nisaba

<comfortingly> You're waiting for that *one* person in your reality who understands. (or at least reads). I feel for you. It's a hard, lonely road ...

Major Tom

The 25th of May I'll be in my tarot tent inside Framlingham Castle.

Guess I need to take along a towel. :cool:

nisaba

<grin> A towel and a Tarot reading in a castle - I like it.

I live in a castle-deprived country - we just have one or two mansions with twee little turrets attached - offensive follies rather than the real thing.

I wanna dungeon!