Wowie...Jaw-Dropping Tarots

Cerulean

I didn't want to exactly specify your pick for the "Best/Worst"--so many beautiful ones in 2006...and I also began wincing because there's some that give me a nervous twitch....it's not anyone's fault but my own...the colors on this "21st Century Tarot" online has kinda hurt my eyes...

"Kitty Kahane Tarot -- Tarot for the 21st Century"

http://www.spielkarten.com/content/tarotworld/products/neuheiten/news13/1/index.html

I have too-too-many beautiful tarots that I'm working with at the moment to name the 'best' jaw-dropper for me right now...but will get back to that portion soon...

Cerulean

Rosanne

I have no offerings for a jaw dropping Tarot Cerulean!
That Kitty Kahane takes the Gelato though!
I am trying to think where it could be read with ear balance problems. Never buy it if you get Migraines. Is the Empress sitting on a huge foot?
I think it could be read under the blankets with a low wattage torch. ~Rosanne

LixiPixi

Oh boy, I don't know about that one. It's a little bright for me. I feel like I've just had a dozen photos taken and now my eyes are seeing spots...LOL

I do like the other angel deck next to it though - the AAH SEH NAI Angel Cards.

Jewel

LixiPixi said:
I feel like I've just had a dozen photos taken and now my eyes are seeing spots...LOL

I do like the other angel deck next to it though - the AAH SEH NAI Angel Cards.

Ditto .... I think I am still seing spots. WAY too much pink, reminds me of cotton candy ... pink and sticky!

I also liked the AAH SEH NAI Angel Cards.

raventepes

...I think I need a pair of sunglasses...

Sidhe-Ra

Dearie me! Each to their own...

The most jaw droppingly beautiful tarot of this year for me is the Llewellyn. So beautiful, so powerful, and very well thought out- the majors, anyway, I still haven't seen the minors.

firemaiden

Well, I like the art for the Llewellyn tarot, but not the cards. I think the images are too small, the borders yucky, the card titles (in italic script) illegible; the colours are pale, and the images appear washed out, murky, indistinct. Maybe it's just my eyes are getting old.

connegrl

OK, I really like bright colors, but that is too bubblegum colored. For bright color and solid design....Sheridan-Douglas. Love that deck...

Jen

Cerulean

Eden Tarot is a fanciful "Marseilles"

I find the majors and courts quite wonderful if I'm in the mood for flora and fauna from tropical rainforests. Alika Lindbergh tends to like elongated forms and the people seem like fanciful dancers with costumes of deep hues. The Ginkgo woman is all roots and branches and the fantasy is nice. If you don't take in account the reality that female Ginkgo trees have an ancient way of discouraging others from eating its fruit--the messy fruit is 'stinko' to the max!

Most people who like illustrated minors will not find this deck fun, as the minors are pip-only.

The minors have well-written and common-sense descriptions. I know I've created a thread and haunted it for at least two years to talk about my returning fondness and look-outs for this deck.

After I return from class tonight, I'll try to link to those lost threads if no has by then.

Best regards,

Cerulean