Your most accurate readings were from which deck?

Rosanne

I would go with RWS as I use it most, followed by The Ancient Egyptian,then Spiral Tarot. I would mention The Golden Tarot of Renaissance, but I think it gives sharp clear readings for me. I find the term 'accurate readings' a little bit difficult. I think acurate comes from knowing the cards really well, and there is no second guessing- the reading flows well and you feel confident that you have read the correct meaning to the question. ~Rosanne

rainwolf

I think the deck you are most comfortable with is the deck that is most accurate because it knows how to "speak" to you. Mine is any RWS deck. It could be any deck, but I have studied the RW one enough that it is accurate.

Cerulean

Emeraldgirl, you are a first!

You are the first person that I've heard that can get accurate readings from the One World! I've had the deck and saw the book, but in each case, the deck didn't do anything for me. I actually thought the size--same as the Ancestral Path--might give a good feel or companion as a mixed deck reading to the Ancestral. But it didn't do anything for me...
-------------------------------------------------------------
My frame of mind actually plays more a part in terms of readings that might connect with others. Italian Cartomanzia (a Jeu de Princesse variant from the time of Etteilla decks) and Visconti are my fall-backs. Ananda and Celestial/Secrets lately...though Revelations, Secret Forest and Aquila mini (Ancient Tarots of Bologna) have been gaining ground.

I seem to keep returning to Thoth, Rider, and Di Gumppenberg Neoclassical---though a French classical or Italian historical can lure me away for a short time.

Cerulean

Ankou

Thoth for others, Mah Jongg for myself, Of course those were my only decks for a long while...

The Leonardo deck has been winking at me alot since I got it though :)

Love and Light,

Ankou

Sulis

I've had accurate readings from all of the decks that I connect with and read with regularly. I think my accuracy depends more on me; my frame of mind than the deck that I'm using.

Love

Sulis xx

tao51

I feel the question

is best served by certain decks. I find that the Tarot de Marsailles is one of my best decks for most questions. I do use the Baroque Bohemian Cats to find hidden aspects of a question. Tarot of Prague is one of my favorites.

SunChariot

rainwolf said:
I think the deck you are most comfortable with is the deck that is most accurate because it knows how to "speak" to you. Mine is any RWS deck. It could be any deck, but I have studied the RW one enough that it is accurate.

That makes a lot of sense, and vice versa. :) The deck that best knows how to speak to you is the one you will likely feel most comfortable with, I would imagine.

All my decks give me good readings. All my readings teach me something precious that I need to know about my life. And there are none I would want to give up using.

But, I think if I had to pick a couple.:

The Wheel of Change Tarot
and the
Faeries' Oracle.

The Faeries" Oracle is my favourite, just got some insights last night that were such clear answers to what I needed to know it was amazing for me. A lot of my decks were hinting around, but I was not sure of the details. Then yesterday the faeries shared them with me, and it was amazing, like a veil was pulled away and I could see thigns 100% clearly for the first time in a while on that emotional issue...As you can guess the Faeries' Oracle is my favouite deck. :)

Althought that being said I have about 4 decks that just came in that I have not yet tried, so they may get onto the list too. :)

Bar

paradoxx

Off the top of my head: Osho Zen Tarot

then the Thoth by Crowley and Harris
but then that lends to familiarity with the Cosmic Tarot (Norbert Loshe merged the RW and Thoth rather successfully). Even the quaint Tarot Nova by Running Press has thoth/rw integrations inspiration.

Staying away from the RW and clone army, The Celtic Dragon and Shapeshifter Tarots are excellent for specialized readings, while the Faery Wicca Tarot is more difficult to share.

My mythic tarot is difficult for me to fully use as a tarot, but it does work none the less.

I like the RW system, and David Palladinis 2nd Deck (New Palladini Tarot) has some new angles on classic images.

Emeraldgirl

Cerulean said:
You are the first person that I've heard that can get accurate readings from the One World! I've had the deck and saw the book, but in each case, the deck didn't do anything for me. I actually thought the size--same as the Ancestral Path--might give a good feel or companion as a mixed deck reading to the Ancestral. But it didn't do anything for me...
-------------------------------------------------------------

Cerulean

It has always done really great readings for me but I find that it woerks best with larger spreads. The images can be a bit tricky at times with it but we just sort of clicked it was my first digital deck.

Ace

astroltina said:
Just curious to find out which deck people have felt they have had their most accurate reading/s from?

(i only own 1 deck, so i don't have an opinion to share on this)

thanks

Any deck that you can get an interpration from. I can't read a Marshielles to save my life, but it doesn't make it a bad deck, just not "accurate" I guess for me. But then I am the one who reads Candy hearts....
What is your deck of choice, Astroltine?
Ace