Your most mysterious deck?

Chronata

I'm with you on this one, Fulgour...my RWS is, and has always been very magical and mysterious to me.
Even though I feel I have spent 20 years in study with it, I think some days, that I am only just scratching the surface.

The Tarot of the III Milennium is mysterious...but not in a magical way, more like
a CSI detective show way.

And the Tarot of the Midnight Masquerade is very mysterious to me. And magical too...oh so magical!

Alta

Thoth for me as well.

Though I do see the argument for the Ironwing.....
:)

Yes, and Midnight Masquerade, good point Chronata!

killerpeach

Vertigo Tarot is one of my most mysterious decks. It's one that I would have to spend quite a lot of time with to glean its secrets. The artwork is so surreal that it adds to the mystery feeling for me.

Little Baron

Morgan Greer.

It feels quite dark and rich sometimes and definitely hangs over from the period when it was designed. It transports me to that time.

LB

Moonbow

For me its the Marseilles, I know that's no surprise to you. :)

I just get so excited when something else occurs to me. I don't mean historical stuff, although it is so thrilling to compare the decks and research. I mean little things that probably no one else has noticed as being important because they only mean something to me. It's a feast for my immagination.

The others would be Navigators of the Mystic SEA and Tarot of the Spirit. Two dcks that I will always own.

But what about you firemaiden? You seem to find all of your decks magical if not mysterious.

Lillie

More than 20 years ago, when I was young, I was looking for a Tarot deck that was magickal, mysterious, occult and everything that a tarot deck ought to be.

I found the Thoth.
It did it for me then, it still does it for me now.

There are loads of other decks, some are beautiful, some are wonderful.
There are lots that i love to look at and many I'd like to own.

But still, the Thoth is my deck and always will be.

It still seems as magickal and mysterious to me today as it did all those years ago.

MaryElTarotFan

I would have to go for the ole standby, The Thoth Deck. I never tire of looking at it and the scarcity of images with figures in portrait style and, indeed, a good number of figures looking away or being seen from above make it a fascinating Deck for me. Some of the cards are portal opening to me and take me places while others really speak to me. I love the feel of this whole Deck.

The Tarot o fthe Sidhe would be a good choice for me as well.

Another mysterious Deck for me is The Mary-El Tarot Tarot because its imagery definitely convinces me she's tapped into something, I just don't know what. Some of the images definitely looked like they have been pulled from various world mythologies while others, I just don't know. It is not as specifically theme or image-controlled to me except that they are all its creator's works. Ca't wait for it to be completed.

coyoteblack

osho zen tsrot

The osho zen tarot seems to be its own deck and the images and philosophy behind it are very mysterious to me

paradoxx

osho zen is a great answer, but for me it would have to be the Thoth, Crowley and Harris' knowledge is above par and provides for an amazing foray into Tarot readings that is rarely surpassed by any other deck, likewise Waite's imagry has its moments, but Thoth has the look and feel of mystery.

a_shikhs

I have to agree with the Thoth. I find it very mysterious and powerful and there is a strange attraction to it which the other decks don't have. Definately the thoth. :)