THE PATH OF NON RESISTANCE....EXPERIENCES GAINED.

re-pete-a

Gaining understandings doesn't just happen ....at least not to most....It's usually a step by step process ,gaining small inklings and AH HA moments...over a long period of time.

Not living them or not utilizing them is like backing up a small stream...it may never happen or it may happen all at once...the dam breaks...

The soul has little concern for the animal or the animal mind...it's something that's used to gain experiences...suffering or going against the norm can help the soul to flicker through for an instant. This is what death experiences enable...also acute pains or trauma can cause the soul to regain controls for a short interval.

This non attachment is a very bitter pill to swallow for most...especially if that person is so attached to the body or the physical world and it's attachments...so when something happens to it and physical existence is threatened the egoic personality reaches overwhelm and it's structured understandings collapse ... there is nothing left to anchor the mind to ....

Some personalities incarcerated in mental institutions are of this caliber... some are modern day prophets speaking in a strange cryptic language...forcefully medicated...some are ,well ,strange...

It's taken quite a few experiences to understand the nature of the entrapment of the souls connection ... but finally it has been revealed...and it is a 'Cunning Plan' as Black Adder would have said...(ABC comedy series)

There are two forces at work, constantly....One making very sure the other is drowned out constantly...

This is the realm of the sleeper...

The sleeping balm used is fears...wrapped in all sorts of colourful wrappers to disguise it's malicious content...

Michellehihi

The sleeping balm is fear. I read once that there are only really two states of mind: love and fear. There are times when I get to understand this...
I don't know if this is off topic but I think a lot about soul, spirit and body since yesterday. My dog died. And since yesterday I am writing him long letters. Where is he? Is he fine? My son thinks that there's no such thing as soul, that the spirit in fact is the breath, and when breath stops, spirit dies.
I don't know. I am lost. I thought I knew what death was but I don't know. Where is my dog?

re-pete-a

Death has been around a very long time...and will be for as long as it's needed...

It's all on automatic...nothing can be done about it . It's completely out of our hands

If it can't be accepted then the ego denies it or becomes scared of it...because it can't stand "not knowing." It can't accept , it won't trust and it won't rest until it's back in control again...known territory.
Your son keeps his control by denials of acceptances... His lack of experiences and ignorance won't change what is. For him there is only the seen...Yet the unseen is waiting it's chance to show him that the "Unseen rules the Seen"

As far as your son's concerned perhaps it would be a good thing to refer him to topics where it is known that on operating tables patients have died ...the breath has ceased...the heart has stopped functioning...spirit has exited the body, encountered incidents not of this world and bought the memories of it back.

Youtube has many to offer...

re-pete-a

Love is a very sticky subject...because it's not what the common misconception of it is...

We haven't been left stranded by the "UPPER MANAGEMENT TEAM" (my understanding of the forces at work) with nothing. We were not left stranded without a clew...

The elements are the guides to what true unconditional love is...

A Mothers love is not a good example...there's very little "unconditional" in it...BUT...all is as it was intended to be...for the survival of the species. Continuity of the animus...

Michellehihi

Love is a very sticky subject...because it's not what the common misconception of it is...

We haven't been left stranded by the "UPPER MANAGEMENT TEAM" (my understanding of the forces at work) with nothing. We were not left stranded without a clew...

A Mothers love is not a good example...there's very little "unconditional" in it...BUT...all is as it was intended to be...for the survival of the species. Continuity of the animus...

I agree with you on motherly love. Regarding the elements, I have never thought about it this way, I thank you so much for this I will think about it.

I posted this poem in another thread, and it really corresponds to my understanding of God:

" I asked the tree
Tell me about God
And
It blossomed"

re-pete-a

I like your poem...Michellehihi

It reminds me that all we can ever glimpse of the greater realms is the RESULTS of it's interactions on this level of existence...

A bit like a shadow , it can not perceive the shadow caster/maker nor the suns part in the process...it only understands that it is...
Same as the Ego...it feels it has it all under control...and will refuse to accept that there is a greater presence responsible...something it refuses to acknowledge...It's constantly trying to draw down to it's level...rather than accept the unknown as the unknowable.

re-pete-a

I agree with you on motherly love. Regarding the elements, I have never thought about it this way, I thank you so much for this I will think about it.

I posted this poem in another thread, and it really corresponds to my understanding of God:

" I asked the tree
Tell me about God
And
It blossomed"

WOW...!
I thought that the Motherly thing would draw heaps of negative flack...You have surprised me yet again....

Between you and I...the naming of things is akin to bringing down to the conceited level of the knowing....It's an automatic .

Naming it is understanding it's essence...That's a hornets nest of granting human personalities to the unknowable...making it a known.

Ancient Greek and Roman gods are a prime example of personalizing them ,hence knowing and understanding the character of a God .

One cell knowing and understanding the entire makeup of the physical body, it's entire anatomy that it's a part of...

Calayvie

The sleeping balm is fear. I read once that there are only really two states of mind: love and fear. There are times when I get to understand this...
I don't know if this is off topic but I think a lot about soul, spirit and body since yesterday. My dog died. And since yesterday I am writing him long letters. Where is he? Is he fine? My son thinks that there's no such thing as soul, that the spirit in fact is the breath, and when breath stops, spirit dies.
I don't know. I am lost. I thought I knew what death was but I don't know. Where is my dog?
Michellehihi I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I know you must be very sad.
Your dog's memory will live on in you. Cherish those wonderful memories. And to butcher a quote... 'Don't be sad your dog's life here is over, but be glad that it happened at all, with you" [emoji4]

And now I humbly try to internalise my own advice...

Sent from my R5 using Tapatalk

Calayvie

Re-pete-a,
As a mother to a 3 yr old I am struggling with the truth of what you say. Meaning I understand it and it kinda hurts. In our society it sometimes seems that a mothers love must be unconditional all giving, and its impossible to live up to that standard, as a human, and as someone expected to fit into society (talk about double standards!).
Even my cats don't give complete unconditional love, it seems very close but no. But I learn so much from them each day about patience, tolerance, acceptance, non-resistance, allowance, peace. They are excellent teachers! I have so much respect for them.

All my thoughts are in a melting pot at the moment as I figure this all out but I read recently something that resonates and seems to fit into various slots so far. That is, that true love is letting someone/thing evolve naturally, as it will (Michael Brown). This concept for me seems to sit well with your thread topic of non-resistance too. If we allowed ourselves to evolve and everything around us to evolve naturally, well we would be resisting less!

I would please appreciate you explaining the elements and how they teach us to love.?

As a single mum to a Spirited 3yr old I've quickly learnt to go with the flow, choosing my battles very carefully, and taking a more relaxed approach about things. But relaxing too much leads to further problems and so there is a fine balance which I am constantly striving for. Going with the flow, but then gently guiding and teaching, and then rinse and repeat and don't expect results for several years, cross your fingers and hope you did it OK! That's what it feels like to me so far.
But it wouldn't be rewarding if it were easy, and so the way with our own lives.

Sent from my R5 using Tapatalk

re-pete-a

As a mother to a 3 yr old I am struggling with the truth of what you say. Meaning I understand it and it kinda hurts. In our society it sometimes seems that a mothers love must be unconditional all giving, and its impossible to live up to that standard, as a human, and as someone expected to fit into society (talk about double standards!).
Even my cats don't give complete unconditional love, it seems very close but no. But I learn so much from them each day about patience, tolerance, acceptance, non-resistance, allowance, peace. They are excellent teachers! I have so much respect for them.

All my thoughts are in a melting pot at the moment as I figure this all out but I read recently something that resonates and seems to fit into various slots so far. That is, that true love is letting someone/thing evolve naturally, as it will (Michael Brown). This concept for me seems to sit well with your thread topic of non-resistance too. If we allowed ourselves to evolve and everything around us to evolve naturally, well we would be resisting less!

I would please appreciate you explaining the elements and how they teach us to love.?

As a single mum to a Spirited 3yr old I've quickly learnt to go with the flow, choosing my battles very carefully, and taking a more relaxed approach about things. But relaxing too much leads to further problems and so there is a fine balance which I am constantly striving for. Going with the flow, but then gently guiding and teaching, and then rinse and repeat and don't expect results for several years, cross your fingers and hope you did it OK! That's what it feels like to me so far.
But it wouldn't be rewarding if it were easy, and so the way with our own lives.

Sent from my R5 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your brutal self honesty...It's not something that happens too often and my heart goes out to those that are honest to themselves...it takes a lot of courage to do it.

"TO THYNE OWN SELF, BE TRUE"...I think it's a biblical quote but am not sure, it could be Shakespeare.

I too owned a cat for ...oopsies...the cat had me for ten years or so...A blue eyed pure white,deaf, Persian...It showed me, me. Some of which I wouldn't own up to for quite a few years....
It taught me that no matter if it could dance and sing as well as play the guitar...it would still be a cat....In other words putting on all the airs and graces, trampsing around in finery, being looked up to or the center of attractions, underneath it all would still be plain 'ol me...

Self acceptance...just as I am , wartz and all...very few pretenses.

OBSERVING THE ELEMENTS....
This all came after I contemplated water and what would happen if all the moisture just vanished from everything. as a guide to understanding the god idea...absolutely everything has water in it...all would perish...pop...nothing...not even dust...Yet what is water ... H2O, nothing more according to science...gases...

BINGO...ALL IS ONE, WATER...

it cycles through all and goes back to it's source...vapour, clouds, rains,streams, rivers,oceans.Water...! none can take it too far from it's source...it will always return...ALWAYS...!

And so...
My water is much ,much better than your water...I will exterminate your water....I will cut off your water...My water says that your water must obey me...????

What I do to my brother beings and co inhibitors of this water based planet ,I do to myself as well...it all comes from the same source...one big puddle or ocean...

This led to understanding a little better the God concept ....the unknowable...it's in, over ,through, and a great,great part of everything...giving ,always giving, silently...We are a part of that great giver... THE LIVING RESULT of that great plan.

Because I wanted to understand what unconditional love was...I wanted to find an example that was beyond human interference...unmanipulated...I started to examine the other elements...
I must stress that observing the Elements will not solve your problems...they will broaden the understandings of what unconditional love is...In a nutshell...it's giving of itself ...sometimes tough love , sometimes laid back and balmy ... yet always giving of itself...not for it's own glorification's , it's in it's nature to give.

The most horrible of people and the most saintly are not distinguished as better or worse than the other....They are all treated equally...each given their fill to the personal level required...with more available than could be asked for.
The rain gives to all and everything equally...the swamp , Chernobyl, ISIS, America...You get the drift....?

Could a nursing mother love anothers child as much as it's own, without exceptions...can that same mother love the child killer on trial...?

If it was all about the physical existence alone then it would be survival of the fittest for sure...This is why I keep harping on about the other levels...there's more than what normally meets the eye...removing the blinkers means going past the self to take in a wider view.

To complicate things a little further ... New love starts out giving unconditionally...as time goes by that giving becomes taking... then owning...all becomes lost from that point onwards...the giving has stopped...

Or...

The moment ME enters the picture of the relationship the relationship will die...This is a slow death march that any relationship cannot survive...

Parenthood is no exception...there's a constant self watch to divert away from giving to taking....Hence walking the middle path of the Buddhist understandings...swaying back and forth from one to the other.