What are you reading now?

a_shikhs

seule said:
I'm reading Tarot for All Seasons by Christine Jette, which is about spreads for pagan sabbats and moon rituals. Planning to give the Yule spread a go next week.
seule

The book you are reading sounds pretty interesting...

Lurea

siouxj73 said:
I am reading Edain McCoy's Past Life and Karmic Tarot, which is part of a series called Special Topics in Tarot. It's a great book and I'm looking forward to checking out the other books in the series.

That's a book I've looked at several times but never yet purchased! So you like it? Will have to check it out again.

siouxj73

Hi Lurea_aure,

Yes, take the plunge. It's a great book, with lots of different spreads and example readings for each one. I've done some really good work with it for both myself and a friend.

firefrost

I love Jette's A Tarot for all Seasons, and also Seventy Eight Dregees of Wisdom. Another title that I've not seen posted here is Pictures from the Heart, A Tarot Dictionary by Sandra A Thonsom. it sounds a bit fluffy but it's a mine of information to have alongside Seventy Eight Degrees.

MikeTheAltarboy

I just got "The Tarot: History, Symbolism, and Divination" by Robert M. Place and "La Voie du Tarot" by Alexandro Jodorowsky for Christmas. Woot! So I've started them both. But I'm not far enough yet to comment on them. (I've only had them a couple hours. :-D )

Blue Fury

For some reason I have really struggled to get into the last few books I tried reading from cover to cover. Maybe they were just wrong for me at the time. I have just started The Tarot and the Magus by Paul H-B, but confess I am feeling very drawn to Jette's 'Tarot for all seasons'. It seems everywhere I look, this book gets a mention. It also ties in nicely with my burgeoning interest in incorporating tarot into the pagan sabbats in some way. I actually managed to get to Stonehenge for Winter solstice and did a small tarot ritual at sunrise, and I am thinking ahead now to 2006.

Fury x

pepperi

I recently finished reading The Complete New Tarot by: Onno and Rob Doctors van Leeuwen. It is awesome lots of history concerning Tarot origins. Also mathematical and esoteric structures in the tarot. Great read.

seule

Hi Blue Fury - I found the Yule spread in Jette's book gave a real personal focus for my sabbat celebrations, another layer to the day. Will certainly do the others during 2006. Would recommend anyone to give it a go!

Sophie

Lon Milo Duquette's Understanding Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot. I've been dipping into the card pages and the bits about the Tree of Life According to Crowley for some time, but I am now reading the first part, which sets the scene for the conception and creation of that beautiful deck. It's a fascinating read and well-written.

seule

Have just been given Tarot as a Way of Life by Karen Hamaker-Zondag, a Jungian look at Tarot which I've seen recommended on various sites. Nice surprise:)