What are you reading now?

Moonchild1721

I'm reading the book that came with my Herbal Tarot Deck. I really like it so far. More for the Herbal aspect than the tarot thought.
Samantha

Strange2

I'm reading "A Renaissance Tarot: A Guide to the Renaissance Tarot" by Brian Williams. The chapter on the Major Arcana is excellent, examining the imagery and concepts in detail from several historical decks, as well as associated art from the 13th-16th centuries.

Ambience

what i'm reading...

At the moment i'm reading tarot made easy. It's a really great book, very helpful and specific. You could flip through this book, but i'm reading cover to cover :) This is a book that simplifies everything. I think it's great for beginners or even advanced tarot readers.

Love *& Light Janey x

mythos

mythos said:
* The Occult Philosophy of Agrippa Book 1

* Psychological Types - C G Jung.

* The Zelator - by Mark Hedsel.

* Meditations on the Tarot - A Journey into Christian Hermeticism - only just started, so I cannot comment as yet.

mythos:)

An update: I'm onto:

* Book 2 - Agrippa

* 2 1/2 meditations to go in Meditations on the Tarot. Typical that I would dive head first into something so rich in Christian Hermeticism, given that I have no Christian background to speak of. I know that I will need to re-read this when my knowledge base is much improved, but for now I will just slog on and finish it.

* Finished 'The Zelator - loved it. Also a 're-reader'

* Closing in on Jung's Psychological types.

* New:- Finally, after having it in my bookshelf for 30 odd years, I am about to start Fred Getting's, The Book of Tarot.

Emily

I wandered into a discount bookshop in my town and happened upon a book 'Tarot Life Planner' by Lady Lorelei that has been in my Amazon wishlist for a while but because I've never found any reviews of it i left it where it was.

Imagine my surprise when the book was there for £3.99, it should have been £14.99. It must be a second but I've not found the defect yet.

I started to read it yesterday and its different - this lady has a knowledge of the occult and witchcraft, not sure about Wiccan - not got that far into the book yet. It gives spells to banish or reinforce the energy of the cards in respect to your life but this is only a small part of the book.

I've never done tarot spells before so I might give these a miss but the book really has alot to offer, there are excercises to do with each of the 22 Majors and these look very good, interpretations for all 78 cards are to the point and again she uses her own interpretations too so I'm reading information in here that I've not seen in other books.

She gives alot of her own experience to the book so its not just a run of the mill RWS book, its also illustrated with the LoS Classic tarot (Soprafino deck) and not RWS but the book can be used with any deck, she also uses numerology, very good detailed spreads and examples of spreads, she said at the front of the book that the 'Tarot Life Planner' is all about bringing positive change to your life and from what I've read so far it does . It makes a change not to see a book illustrated with the RWS. It might not satisfy the Marseille lovers but its a nice refreshing read. :)