Most accurate divinatory method for YOU?

Most accurate method of divination?

• Cartomancy (tarot, oracles decks, playing cards)

Votes: 61 61.0%
  • Runes

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Astrology

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • Palmistry

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Numerology

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Dream Analysis/Interpretation

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Tea leaf reading/bone reading/shell reading etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spirit boards (ouija)

• Augury (intrepreting signs in nature)

• I-Ching

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Bibliomancy

• Other (please tell us!)

Votes: 8 8.0%

• Total voters

Emelgee

Meditation and intuition. :)

bradford

For me it's a mix. I have a system of correspondences that's about half Golden Dawn and half original, so I can use Tarot to read a horoscope or the Yijing to read a card spread. They seem to complement each other this way.

Webwitch

Emelgee said:
Meditation and intuition. :)

I'm curious as to how you use meditation as a divination method. Can you please explain?

Dancing Bear

It is a mix for me too!! I find all divination system i choose to use are accurate in their own way, runes being blunt and to the point, Tarot being a softer expression and giving choices but also accurate, and palmistry being also accurate dealing with the past affecting the now and future..
It was too hard to choose just one!!

Oh and i met the most accurate tea leaf reader , she has never been wrong, both she and her mother it is a true gift for them..

also Augury, I use the signs of nature often to predict some things, but not to divine for others, just myself,, i do take notice of the animals, birds, insects and plants, presenting themsleves to me and their medicine, and it is rarely if ever wrong..

DB xxx

Emelgee

Meditation as divination? When you get deep into the meditation, silly flitting thoughts (or your logic mind which generally wants to keep you trapped in your quandary!) is quietened and you see to the heart of a situation. This enables the intuition to function without clutter. I also bring in earth and heavenly energies as a balancing and/or energising force, depending on what I feel I need.

There are many things I find myself doing that my logical mind would be just stunned by...but through meditation I "see" the unseen path.

In terms of it being a "I need an answer now" method - it doesn't work like that, I meditate every day and different layers of myself and external situations are revealed to me. Altho, on occasions I have had "flashes" of insight about something I didn't even know was worrying me but had buried itself deep into my mind.

The more I meditate the less I look to my tarot cards.

Webwitch

Thank you for that explanation of what you do, Emelgee. For you, then, it is more an exercise in self-awareness? I have always found meditation beneficial in this regard, too.

I had answered the question of divination as seeing the unknown future, so perhaps I was limiting myself in my response. :confused:

Emelgee

No worries, Webwitch :)

I guess my fascination with seeing into the future has diminished thru the meditation because everything I am doing right this second is so very interesting and exciting for me :) But, the meditation allows me to see all possibilities - and somehow even tho I don't consider situations or possibilities consciously, whatever comes my way doesn't throw me off or unhappily surprise me. It is a bit hard to explain...I feel like I know things without knowing how or why I know them...and that feeling (intuition) has become so much stronger (or maybe I just trust it more) through the meditation.

I don't put words to it too much because it is hard to find the right words to explain without losing some of the mystery :)

raeanne

Hi all,
I voted for Runes but it was a difficult choice. When reading for others I am more accurate with Runes but when reading for myself Tarot or Oracles work well. I wish the poll had been set up to select more than one.