Most accurate divinatory method for YOU?

Most accurate method of divination?

• Cartomancy (tarot, oracles decks, playing cards)

Votes: 61 61.0%
  • Runes

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Astrology

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • Palmistry

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Numerology

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Dream Analysis/Interpretation

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Tea leaf reading/bone reading/shell reading etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spirit boards (ouija)

• Augury (intrepreting signs in nature)

• I-Ching

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Bibliomancy

• Other (please tell us!)

Votes: 8 8.0%

• Total voters

Phoenix Rising

I put Cartomancy.....although I've had accurate readings with both tarot and playing cards..but my interest is more with the playing cards.
Numerology would probably come after that....haven't looked into other methods as much though.

chrisam-crystals

i'm with elf on this one - palmistry is by far the best means that i have come across.

everything you have done and will do is right there in the palm of your hand, and you don't have to rely on cards or runes or whatever to "perform" when needed.

also a querant's state of mind can influence how a reading comes out, but that doesn't happen with palmistry at all.

jue xx

Sulis

Tarot - don't really know much about any other forms of divination.

I do enjoy scrying though..

poivre

I picked cartomancy but I'm also not too
bad at numerology.

:)
ros

bleuivy

I chose cartomancy. Tarot cards to be specific, but oracles work too.

I've had some amazingly accurate dreams that came true 100%, but I've also had some very oddball dreams that didn't come true. Overall, tarot has been more accurate for me over a longer period of time than dream analysis.

Based on the responses here, I'm starting to think that palmistry might be a fun thing to learn!

Sophie

I put I-Ching because it's never let me down and it is VERY difficult to fool oneself with it! But I've had good results with all sorts of methods, including tarot, cartomancy, bibliomancy, sabian symbols, dice, and direct psychic messages in meditation, lucid dreaming or simply hearing voices.

SaMoon912

I voted Numerology because in my studies and the people I know, I do find the life path numbers/destiny numbers and other things are pretty accurate with describing people. Not for sure for telling the future...I don't think that anything but maybe palmistry is accurate divinatory. Tarot can be accurate at the moment, but sometimes the predictions just don't happen, at least with me anyways.

celticnoodle

I also put in cartomancy, because it is what I use most often. I have tried other forms of divination for other people, but not for myself, really. And, while the other forms were also pretty accurate, I reach for the cards more than anything else.

However, if I was to get a reading from someone else, I would choose another form, maybe because I can read my own cards, but I don't ahve a lot of practice with other forms. Going for a reading, I would choose a psychic reading or palm reader or crystal ball reader in that order.

scorpiana

i figured that being a tarot forum, most of the votes would be for cartomancy..

i have to say that for my personal life, dreams hold the most profound insight, though i rely on cards to clarify some of the messages from time to time. i am also a huge believer in astrology, though not as well versed as some of the contributors to the astrology forum- they really blow my mind! palmistry is also right up there- in readings for others, i normally use cards and palms for the best results.

its interesting that no one chose augury so far- i thought sure some of the practicing druids would put in a vote or two.

scrying- i forgot that one!

ashtoreth

Astrology

I really thought about this,and although I guess lots of methods could be accurate, I chose astrology. I was very tempted to put in cartomancy (because I do tarot and not astrology) but I feel that the results that one gets from tarot is a more solution-oriented or an advise-like reading..(maybe I am just really bad at it). but I know for a fact that several tarot readers I know will tell you very insightful things (things that you need to know) but although they may be extremely good advice I think that a great level of accuracy can only be achieved by astrology.

I have known astrologers to put a lot of stress on time in their predictions. I mean if you ask a 'when' question in tarot, which believes in the 'dynamic' natures of things, it would probably give you a span of months. At the same time, astrology will tell you the exact month or time frame within which something may happen (After saturn is out fo transit or yada yada)

I bet a tarot reader or any other diviner would also tell you this, but it would be an intuitive thing rather than a scientific calculation such as is used in astrology..

That's why I also feel that a tarot reading which aims at more detail rather than seeking counsel might do well when astrological elements are taken into consideration.

Love and light,
Ashtoreth.