7 of swords

PentQueen

I often get this card to mean passive aggression...those individuals who want to do the right thing but allow fear to overrule and dictate their sidestepping actions. Essentially their unfair behaviour causes everything around them to actually become much worse than intended and their 'clever' plans eventually fail.

So yeah, it's all about fear and non-confrontation for me, and how these things can really mess up your life if you allow them to become a bad habit. I often find it difficult to see the positive meaning in this card...it's always forced me to take a brutal look at what I'm hiding from.

It's sometimes easier being the harsh but truthful knight of swords :p

Lysh

PentQueen said:
I often get this card to mean passive aggression...those individuals who want to do the right thing but allow fear to overrule and dictate their sidestepping actions. Essentially their behaviour causes everything around them to become much worse and eventually fail.

So yeah, it's all about fear and non-confrontation for me, and how these things can really mess up your life if you allow them to become habit.

It's sometimes easier being the harsh but truthful knight of swords :p

Hmmm...this made me think of a side of the card I have not contemplated before. Fear can cause someone to not confront the problem, situation, internal struggles etc. Because the character (at least in RWS) has most of the swords, I would think that there is really NO reason to take that stance of fear, so it is really being your own worst enemy in that situation. Kind of like...you have the knowledge and the ability but you are not 'facing' it. You run away from it. Which of course...depending on the situation could lead to passive aggressive behavior (which can sometimes be sneaky-type behavior).

PentQueen

Lysh said:
Hmmm...this made me think of a side of the card I have not contemplated before. Fear can cause someone to not confront the problem, situation, internal struggles etc. Because the character (at least in RWS) has most of the swords, I would think that there is really NO reason to take that stance of fear, so it is really being your own worst enemy in that situation. Kind of like...you have the knowledge and the ability but you are not 'facing' it. You run away from it. Which of course...depending on the situation could lead to passive aggressive behavior (which can sometimes be sneaky-type behavior).

Totally! :) It's a very self-destructive card...this is exactly how I see it...you just worded it better :)

Mellifluous

It can be a card about anxiety itself, which you would need to overcome or get in check.

Also, it can be about mental determination. The mental aspect of the Chariot.

Lysh

Something has now clicked for me with this card! And the key word anxiety...I can see that too!
Thank you! I hope this has also helped others who felt at odds with this card. Sometimes it just takes someone to say the right words for all that information to come out of the subconscious...like that....ah ha moment!

FloatingFeathers

I had the 7 swords come up recently in 2 seperate readings. It came up as the "Present" card for a friend of mine. As it turns out, she has been making plans and little changes in her life without talking about them. She is very afraid of disappointing the people who love her.

In a past life spread, I got the 7 swords next to the 6 pentalcles. I got a very "Robin Hood" feeling about it.

I haven't seen much of the 7 swords yet and since I am so new, I tend to really study all the cards around it and read the whole story.