A new de-enabling thread

.traveller.

Le Fanu said:
Bestiality bothers me far less than the Paulina Tarot

I dunno Jewel. It seems that bestiality is preferred to the Paulina... are you sure about this?

SolSionnach

Wow. That dragon deck is ugly and poorly drawn.

Bestiality vs. Paulina - personally, I think that both are marginal, at best. ;)

SolSionnach

Jewel said:
I have the Radiant, like the colors better than the Universal. And the Paulina does not look like a "clone", and art gallery yes, clone no. The pointy chins don't bother me *LOL*. Thanks for trying though ....
RRW, UW, ORWS, whatever! Just use a real deck for a change. And haven't you heard - there's a recession going on. Save your shekels!

Just *go* to an art gallery, and see some real art - not 78 Hallmark Greeting Cards For Fairies. Then buy some new shoes or something.

enchanted spirit

Victorian Romantic?

ROTFL!!! hahahahaha just kidding - just ordered it - hahahaha!

Okay, but seriously - Kazanlar. What is it about this deck? Why do I want it? Why shouldn't I want it? It's still more than I want to pay, but sheesh, I do want it. Why?

Rosanne

The Kazanlar Tarot is only allowed to be owned by moi.
It is a one deck only printing.
Stiff cheese my friend.

nisaba

mshollie said:
I really want the Dragon Tarot by Lynn Secrist. Lynn is a friend who I've lost touch with many years ago. I saw a dealer on eBay who's starting bid is $399.

I really don't need this deck...do I?
Take it from me, if you get a deck designed by someone you love whom you've lost touch with, it is wonderful for a while, then opens up a world of hurt. Especially if you track down a new URL for them, post a message for them in the contact link, and get nothing and nada back, after years and years of friendship.

Keep away from decks like that. I didn't.

enchanted spirit

Rosanne said:
Stiff cheese my friend.

Um . . . That only encourages the part of me that wants to show you that YES I CAN TOO!!!

LOL

SolSionnach

Rosanne said:
Stiff cheese my friend.
Had it. It has one good card - the Star. You can see that at taroteca (I imagine).

Very very idiosyncratic. The suits are based on the artist's ancestry. You'd need a similar ancestry to relate to the deck.
The Trumps are too detailed - the cards should be twice the size to see all that - while the Minors are not. Not well done, either. They should be smaller.

Also, the deck barely fits in the box. It was a struggle to just look at it! I can't remember much about the LWB.

Nice if you're a collector. But to read with? Get a RWS/TdM/Thoth instead. Why spend all that energy to learn someone else's ancestry? oh, and IIRC, it's also based on the QBLH. Is he Jewish, too? :eek:

enchanted spirit

Officially over the Kazanlar! Thank you sravana, from the bottom of my bank account! LOL :D

Rosanne

yeah thank you sravana...I will slip that money to you later.
My deck is climbing in value- one day you will regret trading your 'only other' version of the Kazanlar. It is a joy for a philatelist. :D
Have magnifier- will read.

~Rosanne