A new de-enabling thread

SolSionnach

Emily said:
I tried, really tried sravana, lol }) - forgot it was supposed to be de-enabling. :D
That's one heck of an excuse, Emily! lol Damn, where is that Gregory! She needs to discipline you! Perhaps Magpie will do the honors? })
Nightgarden said:
Ace of wands!!!
OMFG. I need to wash my BRAIN after that card! :eek:
NG - that was first-class de-enabling if I ever saw it. :bugeyed:

Here's a link for the curious: http://www.bluewitch.com/healingtarot/htimages/1wand.jpg

I think it's almost NSFW.... :bugeyed:

MysticalMoose

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

OMG!!!!

OMG!!!!

OMG!!! })})})})})

That looks like........a.....NO...I can't say it....:joke:

:bugeyed:

FaireMaiden

Anna K

Okay... I never thought I'd find myself asking to be de-enabled but, here I am, jonesing terribly for this deck, *lol*

I've got so many health issues going on right now and, even tho we've got good Insurance-coverage, the pay-out on our end is taxing us.

Please tell me everything wrong with the Anna K... Thanks!

SolSionnach

FaireMaiden said:
Okay... I never thought I'd find myself asking to be de-enabled but, here I am, jonesing terribly for this deck, *lol*

I've got so many health issues going on right now and, even tho we've got good Insurance-coverage, the pay-out on our end is taxing us.

First of all, you can't afford it! Second, here's my take on it from the thread introducing the deck:

I know that it's often not considered good form here for someone to not like a new deck, but in this case, I don't like it.
Worst card in the deck for me: Empress... this card alone is enough for me to not buy the deck. She looks rather porcine to me, her face is completely out of proportion. Faces are too important to me - the same distortion is on the Lovers, all the Aces, and the 3 of cups, among many others.

HTH!

cardlady22

FaireMaiden said:

I'm taking a cue from Winnie the Pooh! Think, think, think . . . Oh, bother!

The ONLY wrong thing I'm coming up with is something to do with the faces. I can't tell if it's the proportions or the overly-rosy-cheekedness.

Your only hope is to have someone bury your credit card in a honey pot.

mshollie

nisaba said:
Take it from me, if you get a deck designed by someone you love whom you've lost touch with, it is wonderful for a while, then opens up a world of hurt. Especially if you track down a new URL for them, post a message for them in the contact link, and get nothing and nada back, after years and years of friendship.

Keep away from decks like that. I didn't.

Point well taken. I'm not one for opening old wounds, and there have been a lot of them in my past, I'm afraid. I haven't found any contact information for her (even though I Googled her), so maybe this is a good thing. Some things are just better left alone.

Le Fanu

FaireMaiden said:

Cabbage patch dolls.

Remember those? Well now we have the Cabbage Patch Tarot... All scrunched up faces. Look at those lovers and tell me you don´t remember
Cabbage Patch Dolls

... there are quite a few others too. Do you want to see more?

.traveller.

MysticalMoose said:
OMG!!!!

OMG!!!!

OMG!!! })})})})})

That looks like........a.....NO...I can't say it....:joke:

:bugeyed:

You don't need to... the picture really says it all. A two hander at that, ouch!

FaireMaiden

Anna K

Thanks, *s*, for all your responses (they're keeping me busy checking to see them instead of clicking the 'PayPal' button, *lol*):

sravana said:
First of all, you can't afford it! HTH!
This, really, is the best reason for me... I've already seen the deck... I want it... I just can't do it right now... I must be careful with money right now.

cardlady22 said:
Your only hope is to have someone bury your credit card in a honey pot.
Well... this is my hard-and-fast rule... my 'chiseled-in-granite' law---> I NEVER purchase decks on credit... If I don't have the cash, I don't buy.

Alas, I'm over here busying myself with finagling the finances to come up with the cash... that's my problem! *lol*

Le Fanu said:
Cabbage patch dolls.

Remember those? Well now we have the Cabbage Patch Tarot... All scrunched up faces. Look at those lovers and tell me you don´t remember
Cabbage Patch Dolls... there are quite a few others too. Do you want to see more?
Nay... as stated above, I've seen the deck in its entirety... and want it... which translates into, 'I will have it', *lol*

I just cannot do it right now... Well, I could, but it just wouldn't be the most prudent thing to do... I know I will feel guilty about caving-in... I think I'm itchy to get it because, for some reason, it's not only taking my mind off my health problems, but feels as a small ray of joy in an otherwise dismal present circumstances, *sigh*

Something akin to buying a hat... Alas, I don't want to do that either... I need to exercise frugality right now... I need to be disciplined right now.

Pray... what size are the cards?... Is everything in English?... What, exactly, is warranting the higher price for this deck?

karen0205

FaireMaiden said:
I have had my finger on the 'pay' button at least 5 times with this deck and couldn't do it. There was just something about it that I wasn't clicking with, plus it is a bit expensive for me right now.

I kept looking at the cards and the Cabbage patch thing is definitely an issue
but I think the one thing that kept jumping out at me is the High Priest card.

http://www.annak-tarot.at/Anna_Englisch/arkana_gr_e/05_highpriest_e.html

It reminds me of Jafar from Alladin. saved me from spending the money :)

Attachments

• jafar.gif
    jafar.gif
    9.8 KB · Views: 72