Camoin Method & Laws

Paul

The Camoin Method works best with the Camoin/Jodo deck.

However, I admire and have used the method with other decks.

I keep coming back to the Camoin/Jodo. It's like a lover I just can't shake.

MareSaturni

Lee said:
Some people seem to think the Fournier is a rather low-brow Marseille, but it's one of my favorites. The Hadar is muted and understated in its coloring, and, as I look at it now, is rather conservative in its overall adherence to Conver. The pips on the Hadar are very elegantly done. Another deck with very elegant pips is the Rodes-Sanchez.

I like the Fournier - mine came already used, so nice to shuffle! And the size is great for my hands. The one by Brudel - the one that came with the Universal Marseilles set, isn't it? - is also really great, it was my first Marseilles ever so itś really special to me. I love the backs too!

It seems that more you learn Marseilles, the more you want to learn. It's an amazing deck,i 'm happy i decided to give it a chance, was one of my best choices tarot-wise!

This Rodez-Sanchez...i had heard of it, but never seen it. It's so gorgeous!

Paul said:
The Camoin Method works best with the Camoin/Jodo deck.

However, I admire and have used the method with other decks.

I keep coming back to the Camoin/Jodo. It's like a lover I just can't shake.

When i was firsting looking for which Marseilles i'd get, make my first, i wanted the Camoin-Jodo real bad. It was THE deck. But, alas, couldn't find it here, couldn't buy it from another country. So in the Trade Train, i got from Valeria the UNiversal Marseilles kit (with the book by Lee, by the way :D) and i fell in love for it! I really liked the cards, specially because they are more colorful than the Grimaud deck (i'm a color person) and because the book really opened Marseilles to me.

Now i'm slowly making my Marseilles collection grow...maybe one day i'll come across a Camoin-Jodo deck! For now, i'll have to exercise his method with either theFournier or the Universal deck, hope he is not offended, lol :D

Lee is right, so many decks, so little time! Anyway, with the Camoin mathod, i've been learning the Marseilles, exercising it beyond the one-card-a-day or -three-cards-a-day. You start to learn the CARDS, the pcitures, what you see, and not just the meanings, what you think the cards are. I think it's fantastic! :love:

yaraluna

how come this thread has turn into a 'favorite deck' thread? I thought it was about the Camoin method and laws.
JMO
thank you

Paul

M. Camoin reports his book will be translated into English.

I'm watching on television a special made-for-t.v. movie of Alice in Wonderland on the ION channel. Rather well done.

The Camoin Method at first blush has that Alice in Wonderland feel, like one is in a surreal world of associated symbols and seemingly nonsensical dialogue. What does one take seriously? what's large? what's small? The dialogue seems to be a cacophany of chaos.
MadTeaWebpix.jpg

Afterawhile, the mist clears, and the connections become very quick, clear, and salient.

I have generally found it helpful with the following sequence of analysis:

1. Look at the tableau with the eyes of a child. What immediate associations, patterns, repetitions become apparent? Natural couples, union of opposite cards, and repetition are often immediately salient. Micro-associations will leap out.

2. Follow the Laws, dig into it like a story. You should see the Past and Present confirm the reading. This is important. It provides confidence.

3. Look at the Laws from a Macro point of view, using general card meanings.

4. Look at any Micro ideas (i.e. icon-to-icon associations) applying the same Laws.

And, here's the final idea: Ask yourself (if you're reading for yourself or a loved one): What is your preferred outcome? What is your feared outcome? Then, look at the cards to determine if they are actually telling you what you DON'T want to hear!

Doing this helps us combat that seeing Jesus' Face in a Tortilla phenomenon.

JesusFaceTortillia.jpg