Can souls connect while dreaming?

firemaiden

Absolutely, we can connect with other souls in dreams, and even when we are not dreaming. I had a very intense dream about my grandfather the night he died. I dreamt we were all on a ship, like maybe the Titanic, and there were problems at sea. People were in the ocean, and then recovered in little boats, but my grandfather was not recovered, he was lost forever into the deep. I don't remember much about the dream, I just remember that it was intense and sad, and the next day my mother told me that he had died that night.

I also had an intense and strange dream about a friend from grade school, a girl I loved very much in childhood. The dreams were intense and very strange. It was very odd that she came into my dreams, because it had been more than 25 years since I had last seen her. A year or two later, I found out that she had died. I checked my journal entry on the dream against the date of her death, and found out she had only a few more months to live at the time of the dream. It was very very odd.

I used to have dreams about my first love, for years and years after we disappeared from eachother's lives. He would show up very casually, in a bar in my dream, or maybe on the front porch, and we'd just innocently chat. But then finally, after many years of these sort of dreams he appeared to me, and without looking at my eyes, declared he would not come to me again.

A few months after that I did some googling of his name, and found out he had just gotten married, and his wife was expecting a child.

Ms K

Oh yes.

I have very clear, realistic dreams where I'm sitting and talking to my Granddad, who died nineteen years ago in January, in the kitchen of his and Granny's house, drinking the coffee which was mostly milk, with a splash of coffee, and a lot of sugar, and we talk about life. He talks to me about my husband, my daughter, my plans, and tells me that I'm either on the right track, or I need to change something in my life. My mother, who was his favorite out of his four children, doesn't dream about talking with Granddad, but she feels his presence occasionally. However, he talks to me about my life. He guides me, because Granddad always did guide me when he was alive. And I miss Granddad every day, I really do. I would love to have been able to introduce him to MY baby, and Mr. K, and in my dreams ever since I married Mr. K, he's expressed his approval of Mr. K.

I have also had dreams where my husband and I are carrying on a conversation. And the next morning, I find out that he was having the same dream, and we were carrying on the same conversation in his dream, as well.

So yes, souls can connect while dreaming. I think in my experience, I can't connect with someone in a dream unless I have a prior connection with them, and it has to be a close one. I've dreamed of my mother, I've dreamed of my husband, I've dreamed of my daughter, and my Granddad. But not really my friends, or extended family...go figure.

blackroseivy

I wonder what it means when you dream extremely vividly about perfect strangers... I mean, nobody you've ever even seen. This happens to me all the time...

Moonchild1721

SunChariot said:
I know how you feel. I can be pretty shy too. :) Well at least you know what you have to do. I really do wish you all the best with it.

Bar
Thank you!

SunChariot

Moonchild1721 said:
Thank you!
You're very welcome. I meant it or I would not have said it. I truly do wish you all the best,:)

Bar

Arcana

I also believe that people (or their souls) can connect in dreams. I believe it, but it's more difficult to believe it could happen to me... It always seems a bit fantastic, you know. However, I would like to share something here, although it's probably not as touching as some of the wonderfull stories I've read in this thread.

I often dream about a guy I used to know. We were never in a relationship, but our acquaintance wasn't exactly platonic either. I always felt a deep connection to him, although some of the time I didn't even like him. It was rather confusing since I was very young when this was going on.

I haven't seen him in years, but I still dream about him. Most are normal dreams, where we're acting out our old habits of attrackting and pulling away. But sometimes I have this extremely intense dream about him, where I can actually feel his presence. (I can sense things like this in awake life too sometimes, sensing someone's presence - without seeing this person or even when he/she isn't there anymore.) It's not like we communicate, like others have described. We're just together. And it's so confusing... The thought of our souls connecting has occured to me, it is that intense, though it's still hard to believe it could happen to me. Of course I have no idea if he dreams about me, too.

Not long ago, I participated in a few sessions of regressiontherapy. I remembered a life in which the two of us were a couple... Not a very happy one, but still. I just knew it was him, and it struck me that our behavior towards eachother in that previous life was continued in more or less the same fashion in this life.

I am convinced we have known eachother in other lives, though I wouldn't describe him as my soulmate as in 'the one and only'. But it explains why I feel this connection to him, our souls know one another, even though I don't really like his personality in this life. I do hope we will get a chance to work things out in this life, but I don't think we're meant to be together or anything. But I can't quite figure out what these dreams are supposed to accomplish...

Thanks for listening / reading... Maybe anyone can give me a fresh insight on this?

Al Si'ra

I can relate to your situtation since all the people in my life,friends and lovers, leave the same feeling on me; in this lifetime.. and it is tough..your mind and logic cannot accept the fact that the souls know eachother and your soul tries to convince the mind through dreams and feelings..I haven't done any past life regressions thus i just don't know what the relationships were like in the past...so i can't really figure out which patterns i should clean with these people.." attracting and pulling away" that is what i feel most of the time with guy friends or with my boyfriends.."can't live with or without you" kind of situation..intense dreams..etc..
Past life regressions are really useful 'cause they show you what was "wrong" in that life time so you can work on it in this lifetime and the outcome does change according to your choices in this lifetime..it's a wonderful opportunity for souls to start all over again...I wish to do one :)

tmgrl2

Definitely...most recent was a series of dreams about my ex-husband. We divorced over 28 years ago and I have neither heard from him nor heard OF him since then.

I kept dreaming that he was trying to "get me back" and the dreams were all mixed up with Tony in them...my husband of almost 28 years. I usually awakened angry and frustrated, since my ex was always healthy and vibrant in the dreams....wheedling his way into my life, while Tony was not well (which he isn't).

Then,

about a year or more ago, right on the heels of these disturbing dreams that had been peppering my nights for months....my ex called and

wondered if I was happy....had heard (from some relatives that Tony was very sick)...and told me he had been remembering all of the good times we had together and wondered if I thought about him....

I told him I was quite happy...sorry he wasn't...then he said,

"Guess I screwed up when I let you go."

LET ME????

I left after three years of therapy, when I realized he wasn't going to work on the relationship....

I said..."Well, maybe you did, then.. ...I didn't. I've never been happier...I'm with the man of my dreams (little pun there)...."

I asked him not to contact me anymore (after I first gave him my e-mail address because I felt sorry for him...HA!)...

So that was that...he tried once more by e-mail...I deleted them. That was that. The dreams stopped.

terri

This is just one story...but this has happened throughout my life.

sungoddess

I too believe this happens. I just posted to this forum regarding a reading I did regarding a man I fell in love with 14 years ago, and who I broke up with about ten years ago. Just before we broke up I had this powerful dream about him... I wrote it down and here it is if you want to read it:

It was shortly after dawn, and I was caught between sleep and wake. He was with me. I felt like weeping; it had been so long. So long baby, I thought. I didnt want to speak, didnt want to break the tenuous hold we had on each other. So I opened my arms, and my heart and pulled him into me.

I could feel his breath against my neck, where his face was pressed. He was breathing deeply, and so was I; trying to remember the georgeous smell of each other. The mixture of sweet sweat and love. I lay on my back, him on his side; his huge body was curved around mine, my legs artlessly draped over his thighs, wrapped around each other we lay, swimming together just below the surface, memorising the sensation of our bodies pressed together in unfamiliar familiarity.

His hands began to trace my body and my skin felt like the edge of my spirit. His fingers brushing my stomach tenderly. I was liquid and my body responded, aching. His feather-light touch on my skin, devoid of any wish to arouse the flaring sexuality we shared, roused not just my desire, but my longing for him. My fingers echoed his against my voilition. My fingers rose to his face, pressed into my neck, his lips brushing the soft skin there. I couldnt see his face, yet his eyebrows unfolded under my touch--his forehead a vast mystery. I traced the skin I've known for lifetimes, a sleek supple journey. His nose, the flare delicate and strong. The flat, low cheekbones that melted into square jawbone. The slightly full lips, parted, damp tendrils of breath curling around the pad of my thumb, and the soft kiss that met my caress.

His touch traced my chin, his head pressed to my heart now. The long fingers, elegant pianoman fingers on a mathematician, met the shell of my ear and melted into my locks, my neck his ivories.

The years that we sustained in fleeting moments, breathed now from us, filling the indigo space. What transformation could mean our goodbye? When did that golden afternoon, what we entered each others hearts become a memory? Why isnt my son looking at me with his fathers eyes?

The bed pressed me closer to him. No clothes or five thousand miles was between us, only that impossible odds and everyone who said that a summer romance could never last ...how did we manage four years? How could we make and lose a son, love and leave each other, suffer difilement and impotent location, break and mend, die and be reborn, and still love from so far away.

Pinking light brought the melting of his solidity, the feeling of his strength, his love was fading. I raised my hand to press his head to me, to grasp what was slipping away closer, just to get closer. But as my hand almost grasped his solidity, it failed and fell against my breast. The sunlight became more real, and I was here, in the yellow room, Knowing it was over. My tears fell while I rose from my fragrant soul-travelling, I dressed and went to work.

---

About two weeks later we broke up... but then, that's not the whole story either.

Vadella

danubhe said:
I wonder what it means when you dream extremely vividly about perfect strangers... I mean, nobody you've ever even seen. This happens to me all the time...

I believe that you actually know this person... just maybe not in this lifetime. Do they ever seem to give you signals?